Do vegan equestrians ride in leather saddles?

Do they wear leather boots, chaps, gloves? Do they use leather halters and bridles and reins? Because I once saw a vegan trying to defend her decision to ride in leather tack by saying "the cow would have been killed for meat anyway". To me it sounded pretty asinine, kinda like you're watching a... show more Do they wear leather boots, chaps, gloves? Do they use leather halters and bridles and reins?

Because I once saw a vegan trying to defend her decision to ride in leather tack by saying "the cow would have been killed for meat anyway". To me it sounded pretty asinine, kinda like you're watching a murder go down so you steal the wallet off the guy that's getting killed because hey, they're just gonna whack him anyway right?

Yeah yeah, I know you can't judge all vegans by the ramblings of one loopy nuthatch. So if you're a vegan, how would you respond to one of your own that uses that logic? Agree? Disagree?

Last question, one that was actually posed to me by another user on here and she so graciously offered to let me include it here...

How do you feel about the animals that die needlessly to feed your horses? What!?! Horses don't eat animals!!! Yes, I know that. But how many times have you opened a bale of hay and found pieces of a snake or a bird that met some unfortunate end in the hay baler? Those poor things die because so many of us have to feed our horses dried forage. Why just the other night this person (name withheld by request) found a petrified bunny rabbit in a bale of alfalfa.

So vegan equestrians, what are your opinions on these matters?

Veggies, feel free to chime in too. Because really, you all shouldn't be using leather products either right? Or am I misunderstanding the logic behind becoming a veggie or vegan?