Lee asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Autos · 8 years ago

How do I turn off the auto correct when I type an email?

I type the word secret and when I look at what I've sent, yahoo corrector or whatever it is substituted the word secret with the word secure...this keeps happening with many, many words and it has led to some misunderstandings.

How do I get rid of this "helper"? thank you

Best Answer

Welcome to Yahoo! Auto.

• Nat

It depends on who your email server is. A Yahoo email doesn't have an auto correct. Check your toolbars at the top of your page. You may have some type of spell check enabaled. Also at the very top where you have "file, tools, etc. Click on tools, then click internet options. See if anything there is related, but this sounds like you've activated something connected to a toolbar.

You can turn off any toolbar you think may cause this.

Also, look closely around your email. Right click on the body of your email and see if the drop down menu has a spell checker. Whoever you have your email with, you can call their customer service number and get tech advice.

I have Windows 7/Internet Explorer 9 and this finally solved the problem for me:

Click on all the following, starting on your internet provider’s toolbar:

Tools > Internet Options > Programs (Tab) > Manage Add-ons > (Under “Add-On Types”) Spelling Corrections > Uncheck the “enable spelling corrections” box

On my Mac, in the Mail program, I clicked Preferences, then Composing, and under Check Spelling I clicked "never".

One elementary answer: deliver your message to a minimum of one guy or woman--while i ought to try this, i take advantage of myself by way of fact the ordinary recipient--then reproduction all your different needed recipients into the BCC line. (this implies 'blind reproduction'--no person, alongside with the unique recipient,can see who have been given a replica; in basic terms the sender knows.) that's a solid thank you to maintain different human beings' e mail addresses exclusive, while they have requested which you do so.