teodor
teodor asked in SportsBoxing · 8 years ago

Would Pacquiao Have Still Prevailed If His Mexican Rivals did not try destroy Each Other?

World-level Pinoy fighters campaigning in the same division do not fight and try to destroy one another. Pacquiao and Espinosa never met each other although Manny had to destroy Arnel Barotillo and Reynante Jamili to get initial notice.

But Mexican fighters traditionally fight and try to destroy each other since the time of Ruben Olivares and his great paisano contemporaries.

Just imagine, had Morales, Barrera and Marquez not fought and tried to destroy each other, would Manny have still beaten them as he had without those three hobbled by wear and tear and battle scars of their civil wars?

If you have not been following Mexican boxing civil wars since the times of Ruben Olivares and Chu Chu Castillo back in the 60s, you would not say that I am exaggerating when I used the term "destroy". Not because some fights ended in decision does not mean that the term destroy does not apply. I can't help wonder why those Mexicans have to fight and destroy each other in this time when there are lots of world championship titles to aspire for unlike in the days of Olivares-Castillo. Can we not imagine for a moment what could have been had the likes of Barrera and Morales and Vasquez and Rafa Marquez did not try to destroy each other? Where would have that put Pacquiao and the likes of Juan Ma Lopez, Yuri Gamboa?

Edit: I mean if you HAVE BEEN following...

• Favorite Answer

Mexico has a rich culture in boxing history and Mexico has produced some of

the best Mexican fighters in the sport today. Boxing fans always want to see a

great fight with two skilled Mexican boxers. Manny Pacquiao fighting Barrera in

2003 was just destiny the fight had to happen. Because Marco Antonio Barrera

was considered to be the top Featherweight in the world up til that point Barrera

had only fought Erik Morales (twice) in two epic battles. He didn't end up fighting

Juan Manuel Marquez until March 17, 2007 years later we have seen many wars

in boxing since that time Jorge Arce v. Cristian Mijares April 14, 2007 what about

Diego "Chico" Corrales (R.I.P.) vs. Jose Luis Castillo 1&2, Erik Morales vs. David

Diaz, Edgar Sosa vs. Ulises Solis March 13, 2003, Omar Nino vs. Edgar Sosa on

October 19, 2002, Paulie Ayala vs. Johnny Tapia June 26, 1999 Fight of the Year,

Juan Diaz vs. Juan Manuel Marquez 1 & 2, Humberto "La Zorrita" Soto vs. Rocky

Juarez on August 20, 2005, Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Orlando Salido September

18, 2004, Israel "El Magnifico" Vasquez vs. Rafael Marquez 1, 2 ,3 &4, Fernando

Montiel vs. Jhonny Gonzalez May 27, 2006, Israel Vasquez vs. Oscar Larios 1&2

I'm not going to mention Oscar De La Hoya vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. because I

know he was fighting a Chavez way past his prime and there was no need for the

rematch to happen here however, the other bouts listed above are some recent in

boxing that I have seen, all those have produced great fights with Mexican boxers.

One thing I would like to mention here I know that Brian Viloria who is Filipino he

defeated Nonito Donaire in the semi finals of the 2000 US Olympic Trials, if Brian

Viloria by some chance is able to defeat Giovani Segura in December this is one

fight featuring two Filipino fighters that I would want to see. Donaire and Viloria in

boxing do have a rivalry going back to the amateur days of their boxing careers. I

know Nonito Donaire did say before he would be willing to fight Brian Viloria again.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AuQLG...

morales and barrera had their trilogy all decided in full 12 rounds,while marquez won over barrera in a 12 rounds UD,morales and marquez never fight. i think it is exaggerated to use the word 'destroy' because the 4 mentioned fights ended via decisions,no KO's to say that one of them suffered serious damage and still they are all active in boxing.manny pacquiao was a nobody when he first fought the first of them.

Wear and tear weighs little compared to experience fighting top caliber fighters.

what?

pac was KOed by torrecampo, his countryman...

pinoy fighters fightS each other alll the time before

getting lucrative fights in the US