Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

What do you think of my political heroes?

My Top 50 Political Heroes

Thomas Paine

Thaddeus Stevens

Abraham Lincoln

Charles Sumner

Frederick Douglass

Susan B. Anthony

Eugene Debs

Robert La Follette

Teddy Roosevelt

Florence Kelley

William Jennings Bryan

George Norris

W.E.B. Du Bois

Frances Perkins

Smedley Butler

Franklin Roosevelt

Harry Truman

Norman Thomas

Henry Wallace

A. Philip Randolph

Dwight Eisenhower

Earl Warren

Ella Baker

Walter Reuther

John Kenneth Galbraith

Lyndon Johnson (a mixed bag but still)

Thurgood Marshall

Saul Alinsky

Eugene McCarthy

JFK

George McGovern

Howard Zinn

Malcolm X

Cesar Chavez

Noam Chomsky

Martin Luther King

Ralph Nader

Maxine Waters

John Lewis

Bernie Sanders

Jesse Jackson

Paul Wellstone

Barbara Lee

Dennis Kucinich

Marcy Kaptur

Howard Dean

Cornel West

Paul Krugman

Russ Feingold

Alan Grayson

@ Abe: Yea I'm a liberal the same way Abraham Lincoln was

@ Andrew: Liberals freed my great great great great grandparents and gave me the right to vote, you're a fuggin idiot if you think I should consider them an enemy

10 minutes ago you probably never heard of half the people on my list

@ Entropy : You are confusing Eugene McCarthy with Joe McCarthy, you dumba$$

@ "The Great Society was a terrible thing" Any right wing propagandist that has ever said that, has never presented anything to back up that statement, only misleading statistics and dubious moral claims

"Many of Roosevelt's policies extended and deepened the depression.",

Warren "Did a great deal to expand the federal government's reach into out lives"

Nader "He's less impactful than Ron Paul"

"Jackson has become a con artist. His game is well known. He and his rainbow coalition target companies that, whether they are racist or not, have a demographic ratio that isn't in line with affirmative action, he comes in and if they donate to his coalition, he leaves them alone, if they don't donate, he begins protesting them and making noise. He then embezzles the money out of the coalition to himself and his mistresses. Your 'hero' is a simple thief."

"Krugman is a terrible economist"

"but really he called it that because he knew some people would be gullible enough to not know that soft money mainly helped challengers and that's why he and other incumbents wanted it gone"

That's all your skewed opinion, just because FOX News and right wing shock jocks repeat something over and over again d

--doesn't mean it has any resemblance to reality

Best Answer

Barbara Lee is a top bloke.

Source(s): FREEDOM!

Thomas Paine - Overrated.

Abraham Lincoln - Obviously on of the titans of history

Frederick Douglass - Ditto

Teddy Roosevelt - Overrated

Franklin Roosevelt - Overrated during the Depression, but a great wartime president. Read Murray Rothbard. Many of Roosevelt's policies extended and deepened the depression.

Harry Truman - Competent, but a hero? Really?

Dwight Eisenhower - A great general, and an okay president, but certainly nothing special.

Earl Warren - Did a great deal to expand the federal government's reach into out lives. Not sure I'd call him a hero.

Lyndon Johnson (a mixed bag but still) - A very mixed bag. The Great Society was a terrible thing, but his willingness to intercede in the civil rights movement by siccing Hoover and the FBI on the KKK and complicit southern law enforcement was brave and deserves a huge round of applause.

Thurgood Marshall - *shrug* Okay, but overrated.

Eugene McCarthy - *spit take* Really? McCarthy is one of your heroes? He was a paranoid kook. I mean, yes, there were real communists and real spies, but he took his witch hunt to such a level that his name is now a shorthand for crazy witch hunts.

JFK - Obviously, JFK's performance in the cuban missile crisis and his tax cuts made hima great success, but I wonder if he had served longer if some of the magic would have rubbed off. Like Jim Brown leaving the game at his peak, JFK has been made a legend, and I wonder if he would have lived up to it if he'd stayed alive.

George McGovern - Really? A hero?

Malcolm X - I guess I get it, but X's support of violence will always make him a minor figure in my view.

Cesar Chavez - Overrated.

Noam Chomsky - Really? Weak.

Martin Luther King - Epic. One of the unquestioned titans of history. If I were making up a top ten list, MLK would be on it.

Ralph Nader - *spit take* Okay, now you're pulling my leg. Nader was a nice consumer advocate in the 60s, but he's a crank. He's less impactful than Ron Paul, who is also a crank...granted, Paul is my kind of crank, but I wouldn't ever call Paul my hero.

Maxine Waters - Okay, now I know you're screwing with me. She's done nothing significant.

Bernie Sanders - Sanders I disagree with alot, but I respect as one of the better minds of the left.

Jesse Jackson - While he has a civil rights background, Jackson has become a con artist. His game is well known. He and his rainbow coalition target companies that, whether they are racist or not, have a demographic ratio that isn't in line with affirmative action, he comes in and if they donate to his coalition, he leaves them alone, if they don't donate, he begins protesting them and making noise. He then embezzles the money out of the coalition to himself and his mistresses. Your 'hero' is a simple thief.

Paul Wellstone - Like Sanders, I disagreed with him alot, but Wellstone was well informed, and an honest politician which is SO rare. He is missed.

Howard Dean - W.T.F?

Paul Krugman - The Keynesian King. Krugman is a terrible economist, but being right and being famous don't often coexist

Russ Feingold - Why because of his Incumbent Protection Act? Oh, sorry, he called it campaign finance reform, but really he called it that because he knew some people would be gullible enough to not know that soft money mainly helped challengers and that's why he and other incumbents wanted it gone. Oh, you probably didn't know that? You thought he was "cleaning up Washington" or something like that. Wow. How disappointing for you to learn that he's just another corrupt politician protecting his job.

in my opinion i haven't got political heroes. i have met too many elementary human beings in distinct parts of the international who should be acclaimed for bravery and how they inspire others only by being good human beings. the international is finished of unsung heroes who deserve our appreciate. enable me guess your hero, R-B. you'll not be so crass as to quote Nicolas John Griffin. Hitler could be too glaring a call. you're a self proclaimed good winger who thinks that an SS uniform can be a sensible outfit to positioned on contained in the homes of Parliament. Reinhard Tristan Eugen Heydrich?

You are most assuredly a liberal, possibly a socialist. I do not think much of all about that list.

BTW, Maxine Waters is evil. I hope you learn over the years, That's were the Cons get new recruits, when libs and would-be socialists mature.

.

• Andrew

Bro, you put this together 10 minutes ago? you probly can't even give a reason why half these people are "heroes".

And it sounds like you've been been watching too much MSNBC. I can't stand Conservatives either, but you're an idiot if you think liberals are your friends.

• chin

Cognitive dissonance. Many of these people completely disagree with one another in significant ways.

You've got anarchists and totalitarians on the same list. It's truly bizzare.

I disagree with like 80% of that list.

• Judy

Thats a long list of people but most are very nice.

Most of these hereos are dead. Why not join today's heroes and join the Occupiers?

• ?

i do not know of all of them but who i do know i would say a pretty poor list really