Blue screen keeps coming up, then computer shuts down?

Okay, so this isn't exactly MY problem. My friend Jazz, has been annoying me for two days because she wants to get on the computer and she can't because this blue screen keeps popping up, sometimes a minute after, or during her computer start up. After the blue screen pops up, it shuts down, and does the same method over again. She told me that she clicked a girls tumblr url, and then the blue screen came up and it shut down. I had her take a picture, which should be a big help. BUT PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME AN ANSWER TO MAKE HER LEAVE ME ALONE ABOUT HER COMPUTER NOT WORKING

Blue screen photo:

http://i40.tinypic.com/4fv4pj.jpg

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Press F8 repeatedly at start up black screen before PC Logo or log in screen to enter start options chose repair or safe mode, if choosing safe mode back up every thing of importance before it is lost or written over when doing a system recovery.

The BSOD (blue screen of death) is caused by corrupt operating system files, she needs to use the built in system recovery or set of recovery disc made for the laptop and do a system repair or reinstall.

Post the brand, model number, installed operating system when asking a question to get the help you need as all laptops and desk tops are not the same.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

You can download ccleaner for free here: http://bit.ly/1Bk5V5C

First open CCleaner

Go to the Cleaner tab and you will be confronted by a very confusing lineup of checkboxes.

To make this brief, below is my recommended setup:

Under internet explorer check temporary internet files, cookies, and last download location. Most users don't really need this stuff. keep history and bookmarks unchecked, history is a maybe, but you don't want to lose bookmarked sites. You can normally leave Windows Explorer, System, and Advanced alone.

Run CCleaner and it will start deleting files.

afterward it will present you with a list of the files deleted, you really don't need to go through it as it will be several pages long.

The registry cleaner is recommended for slightly more advanced users. Use it after uninstalling programs as they will often leave behind incorrect registry entries.

If you decide to run Registry cleaner then review the items detected and always back up the registry (I keep a folder aside for this)

The Tools tab lets you uninstall programs and set startup programs. Why do you need this if Windows has all of these features? Especially with Vista Home Ed. The windows defender software explorer( startup programs) doesn't pick up some entries (however software explorer is easier to use).

Using CCleaner to uninstall programs and then check for leftover registry entries takes less time.

Under Options you can determine how CCleaner cleans your files. I leave this alone.

• how can she download ccleaner when it wont boot up?

• Isabel
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

This is a disk failure problem - she needs to see a tech to troubleshoot the problem. Her computer is crashing is what's happening. It's called the blue screen of death. If she doesn't have someone check out her computer it will die and she'll lose a lot of data. Tell her to read the screen, follow the instructions. Rebooting - restarting, can sometimes help, but it's not going to go away. Her computer is dying - tell her to bring it to Best Buy Geek Squad and have them take a look.

• 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axPGF

It is called the "Blue screen of Death"...You better reformat your computer, Because the main problem is in your system...You have corrupted file cause by some software you installed...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pamela
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Sounds like hard drive problem that corrupted your Windows files and made you get the "blue screen of death". refourmate your computer to factory settings and if that does not work then, its your HDD ( Hard Drive) that has messed up and you will need a new one.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.