Dong asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 8 years ago

Can Canon EOS Rebel lenses be used for Canon 7D?

I have a Canon EOS Rebel and want to buy a Canon 7D. Can I use my old lenses on Canon 7D camera? Thx.

• B.E.I.
    Best Answer

They will work, but if it was me, I would spend the $1,600 on better lenses than I would a new body UNLESS you know specifically what the 7D can do that your other camera can't.

IMO...

1) Photography is roughly 70% photographer skill/experience, 20% lens quality, 10% camera body

2) I would rather have a $600 camera with a $1,500 lens than I would a $1,800 camera with a $300 lens

• BriaR

Yes they will fit but are you sure you want to?

If your Rebel is a 35mm film camera then unless your lenses are top quality L series lenses they will not have the resolution for the 7D.

I had an EF 28-80mm lens available from the old EOS film cameras that I used on my Rebel XSi. It really wasn't up to the job!! Your 7D is another step up from the XSi so you will be even more disappointed.

There really is no point at all buying a $1500 camera body to fix old lenses. As someone else has said you should spend more on lenses than you spend on the body as that is where you get the bang for your buck!

There aren't any Rebel lenses..There are only Canon lenses. What Rebel do you have? There are more than 8. You can use all EF and EF-S lenses on the 7D without problems, so don't worry.

Here's a DSLR Buying Guide - http://www.the-dslr-photographer.com/2009/11/which...

I bought Canon EOS 7D camera as a complete newbie to photography. My sum total of knowledge about photography was: keep extraneous unk out of the shot, fill the frame with your subject, and... that's it. I took pictures with my Olympus C740 UZ in full auto mode, and could not tell you the difference between an f-stop and a flame thrower. However, my plan was to become an accomplished amateur photographer ASAP. Once the camera was on order I got Bryan Peterson's book, "Understanding Exposure" and read it cover to cover. Wow!

Dont waste your money on the canon 7d and just make some nice touches to your current camera which include:better lenses, accessories for those lenses , a better memory card and you can get much more (microphone and alot much more :))

spice up your camera instead buying a new one

Thanks,

Karim

The Canon 7D can use EF and EF-S lenses. If that is what you have, yes, they will work.