Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

why do Jews always answer a question with another question?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

They don't always do that

Though I think I know what you mean. Through what I've seen, when it comes to the faith Jews are encouraged to think about things themselves and come to their own conclusions just as much as in every other aspect of life. When someone asks you a question and your goal is for the questioner to reach their own conclusion instead of just accepting yours, don't you think responding with a question is a good "tactic"?

• Why do you ask?

Being an ethnic, not a religious, Jew, I think there is a bit of snark in our DNA. Answering a question with another question is a bit snarky, but sometimes gets the point across. Why do you think some of the best comedians are Jewish?

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

The book of Job has 274 questions the most of any book in the Bible.

Paul's Letter to the Romans has 84 questions

the most of any document in the New Testament.

Thought you might like to know that since Paul was Jewish and Job although

he pre-dates the descendants of Judah is contained in the Old-Testament.

• 8 years ago

That's a bit of a big generalisation. I'm sure many folk answer questions with another question. What's your beef with the jews? :s

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • robbyn
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

answer: We do? because of the fact there is oftentimes greater advantageous than one answer, extraordinarily in faith. In asking a question we come across out the place the asker's state of recommendations is and what they are meaning by applying the question, that narrows issues down.

• 8 years ago

Maybe because the original question was poorly explained, or sometimes because the best answer IS another question....

• 8 years ago

Why shouldn't we answer questions with other questions?

stereotype?

• 8 years ago

What ate you talking about ,is this some kind of anti-Jewish thing ...

• 8 years ago

Oy vay.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

You mean things like, "I ate all that cake "already"?"

Source(s): :D heh heh maybe it's the Australian in them........(well not actually "in them" butt yew know what I mean)
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.