Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

why do Jews always answer a question with another question?

Favorite Answer

They don't always do that

Though I think I know what you mean. Through what I've seen, when it comes to the faith Jews are encouraged to think about things themselves and come to their own conclusions just as much as in every other aspect of life. When someone asks you a question and your goal is for the questioner to reach their own conclusion instead of just accepting yours, don't you think responding with a question is a good "tactic"?

• Why do you ask?

Being an ethnic, not a religious, Jew, I think there is a bit of snark in our DNA. Answering a question with another question is a bit snarky, but sometimes gets the point across. Why do you think some of the best comedians are Jewish?

The book of Job has 274 questions the most of any book in the Bible.

Paul's Letter to the Romans has 84 questions

the most of any document in the New Testament.

Thought you might like to know that since Paul was Jewish and Job although

he pre-dates the descendants of Judah is contained in the Old-Testament.

That's a bit of a big generalisation. I'm sure many folk answer questions with another question. What's your beef with the jews? :s

• robbyn

answer: We do? because of the fact there is oftentimes greater advantageous than one answer, extraordinarily in faith. In asking a question we come across out the place the asker's state of recommendations is and what they are meaning by applying the question, that narrows issues down.

Maybe because the original question was poorly explained, or sometimes because the best answer IS another question....

Why shouldn't we answer questions with other questions?

stereotype?

What ate you talking about ,is this some kind of anti-Jewish thing ...

Oy vay.

You mean things like, "I ate all that cake "already"?"

Source(s): :D heh heh maybe it's the Australian in them........(well not actually "in them" butt yew know what I mean)