Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 9 years ago

ASAP! Help me correct the grammar in my short review-essay!?

This is for my AP Literature class. I had to write reviews for three different articles of this week's New Yorker Magazine. Please help me correct the grammar, or, if you have any suggestions, don't hesitate on letting me know.

Article 1

In his article, Decline and Fall, David Remnick points out that Cain has discredited Obama’s economic policies by calling them useless, and instead has proposed a plan he refers to as “the 9-9-9.” The purpose of such a proposal is to tax the poor and give that money to the rich. From where I see it, out of all of the presidential candidates, Herman Cain has the least chance of being elected. First of all, I think his proposal isn’t logical nor will it help better out country’s economy. Second of all, don’t you think it’s a little ironic that his plan is called “9-9-9”? Think about it; if you flip such number over, it becomes the devil’s number. I don’t think the middle and lower class will vote for Cain –at least not many of them. Otherwise, they would be signing their own death warrant.

Article 2

The article Those Huntsman Girls by Ryan Lyzza talks about the support former Utah governor Jon Huntsman has received from his daughters throughout his presidential campaign. Their help has come in the form of tweets and YouTube videos, both of which try to sully the reputation of the opponent candidates. In my opinion, although helping their dad get elected may be in the Girls’ best of intentions, it might not be the most favorable thing for the campaign. They may ruin candidate Huntsman’s chance of becoming president. For example, recall the time when one of the Girls asked Huntsman to lose the gubernatorial elections of 2004 on purpose so her boyfriend (the son of the opponent) wouldn’t be devastated. In the end, I believe that if Huntsman wants to become our next president, he should ask his daughters to not intervene in his political campaign.

Article 3

Power Walk by Jane Mayer talks about Democratic Minority Leader of the House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi. Mayer says that Pelosi not only goes for a walk every morning, but that she also plans her day, touches base with her staff, makes thank-you calls to donors, and keeps up with the overnight developments. Pelosi clearly is a busy woman, but that doesn’t stop her from carrying out fundraising activities. Recall that in September alone, she and her fellow democrats raised nearly much as twice money as the Republican House Committee. Of course her ambition doesn’t lie in collecting money; she has actually said that she wants to take back the House of Representatives. With such an ambitious spirit, I think Pelosi will not only give the House back to Democrats, but will also help them keep the presidency of the United States.

Thank you in advance!

Favorite Answer

Article 1

In his article, Decline and Fall, David Remnick points out that Cain has discredited Obama’s economic policies by calling them useless, and instead has proposed a plan he refers to as “the 9-9-9.” The purpose of the proposal is to tax the poor and give that money to the rich. From where I see it, out of all of the presidential candidates, Herman Cain has the least chance of being elected. First of all, I think his proposal is illogical nor will it help better out country’s economy. Second of all, don’t you think it’s a little ironic that his plan is called “9-9-9”? Think about it; if you flip such number over, it becomes the devil’s number. I don’t think the middle and lower class will vote for Cain, at least not many of them. Otherwise, they would be signing their own death warrant.

I think the underlined sentence is unnecessary as this is not really a political argument, and there is probably a specific reasoning behind the naming of the 9-9-9 plan. Just a thought.

Article 2

The article Those Huntsman Girls by Ryan Lyzza talks about the support John Huntsman, the former Utah governor, has received from his daughters throughout his presidential campaign. Their help has come in the form of tweets and YouTube videos, both of which try to sully the reputation of the opponent candidates. In my opinion, although helping their father get elected may be in the Girls’ best interests, it might not be the most favorable thing for the campaign. They may ruin candidate Huntsman’s chance of becoming president. For example, recall the time when one of the girls asked Huntsman to lose the gubernatorial elections of 2004 on purpose so her boyfriend (the son of the opponent) would not be devastated. In the end, I believe that if Huntsman wants to become our next president, he should ask his daughters to not intervene in his political campaign.

Article 3

Power Walk by Jane Mayer discusses Democratic Minority Leader of the House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi. Mayer says that Pelosi not only goes for a walk every morning, but that she also plans her day, touches base with her staff, makes thank-you calls to donors, and keeps up with any overnight developments. Pelosi clearly is a busy woman, but that does not stop her from carrying out fundraising activities. Recall that in September alone, she and her fellow democrats raised nearly as much as twice the money as the Republican House Committee raised. Of course her ambition does not lie in collecting money; she actually has said that she would like to take back the House of Representatives. With such an ambitious spirit, I think Pelosi will not only give the advantage in the House back to the Democratic Party, but will also help them keep the presidency of the United States.

justin bieber is hot