What is more important: The journey? Or the destination?

This question has been asked more times than there are stars, but I want to hear YOUR answers. I've read the Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy trilogy, and the end of the fith and last book left me with a murderous enmity toward Douglas Adams. The books was filled with witty comedy, adventure, and a little... show more This question has been asked more times than there are stars, but I want to hear YOUR answers. I've read the Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy trilogy, and the end of the fith and last book left me with a murderous enmity toward Douglas Adams. The books was filled with witty comedy, adventure, and a little romance for spice, and I loved it. But, in the end... I won't spoil it any further for future readers.

So, will a literary take on this question, which is more important, the journey or the destination? The story or the end? If you have a crappy story, but the end makes you feel better about it in its excellence, is that better than a story where you love every word of it, but the end makes you want to burn it, and murder the author? Or vice versa?