What are your views on Co sleeping with baby?

I'm not going to lie, I do sleep with my 11 month old son sometimes when he is sick and I want to keep a close eye on him, but I keep hearing how extremely dangerous this is. I just googled it and apparently some 151 Americans have killed their babies by accidental suffocation while co sleeping. I just DO NOT... show more I'm not going to lie, I do sleep with my 11 month old son sometimes when he is sick and I want to keep a close eye on him, but I keep hearing how extremely dangerous this is. I just googled it and apparently some 151 Americans have killed their babies by accidental suffocation while co sleeping. I just DO NOT get this! I understand maybe when they are very tiny newborns and the mommies are so very tired they fall asleep sitting up but how do you not know when you are suffocating a 1 or 2 year old. When my son is in the bed with me I'm so overly aware of where he is and wake up at the slightest movement. Maybe not all babies are this way but he is SO strong, I work up a sweat just changing his diaper! I can only imagine if he couldn't breath how hard he would be kicking and hitting me. I just wanted to get other parents view on this. What are your thoughts?
18 answers 18