emjob
emjob asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 8 years ago

I know it's only November, but best movie of the year?

My vote goes to...............X-Men: First Class. LOVE IT!!

@i don't know, oops I must have forgotten to even watch Harry Potter! I'm afraid I don't watch any Harry Potter movies, I've got nothing against them but I am a super-sized, hardcore fan of the books and I know any movie adaptation would only disappoint me! If I watch one movie and it ruins one book for me, I will be even more traumatized than when Dumbledore died...I hope you understand :)

Great answers so far, keep them coming people!

Hello Kesser :) I hope you've been to Boots young man!!

Thanks Kesser :) I love the books so much I just can't imagine watching an adaptation. I've watched movie adapations before and they've actually ruined the book for me slightly, making me see the characters and scenery differently to how I imagined in. I get so much pleasure from the Harry Potter books, I just can't risk it! Oh you should definitely watch X-Men by the way :) it has a brilliant soundtrack as well! Magneto's theme is particularly brilliant -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwDD5hAdCs8

Youtube thumbnail

I love listening to movie scores too! I find music can really make a movie and just like you, it can make me feel differently, empowered or whatever :) No I'm sorry I didn't see your question again, but that's fantastic news!! Good luck and I'll be thinking of you :) hope Transformers works out for you!! :) :)

((Logan)) magnificent answer....as ever! :)

@kmcryer, thank you! I looked up Beginners, looks very interesting. It's going on my lovefilm list :) great to have a recommendation, cheers! And COR YEAH Michael Fassbender!! MMMMM!!

Kesser you'll be fine! I know it :) give me the good news tomorrow!! Ah yes I love a bit of Hans Zimmer. Do you like Ennio Morricone? He's my favourite, such dramatic music, really makes you feel something, very dignified almost. John Williams is good too, and I love John Murphy, he often works on Danny Boyle movies, he's very talented at creating the perfect crescendo, intense type music, like 'In a Heartbeat' from 28 Days Later. Sexy stuff :)

Thanks for your answer Buttercup! (love your name by the way, cute!)

Cheers Umar, but then again remember that, that is YOUR interpretation of the characters, not necessarily mine! I may not imagine them as you do, it's a very personal thing and I do not need to watch the movies :)

• Logan
    Favorite Answer

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

X-Men: First Class

J Edgar

50/50

• ?

Hey :)

I'm gonna say The Rise of the Planet of the Apes :) I thought it was awesome, havent seen X men: Fist Class yet haha :P

Thanks once again for your answer on mine Emma :)

EDIT: Youve done well to go all these years without watching a single Harry Potter movie what with the popularity and all! Youve got a real dedication to the books and your own imagination there :) And haha not yet, I dont know if you saw my question again but when i saw her last time it was a Thursday so Im gonna go tomorrow so Im more sure shell be there, Im gonna listen to the Transformers film score and then march in :)

EDIT2: Yeah I see what you mean, theres something exclusively special about having your own ideas about what the story would look like in reality isn't there? Can understand why you wouldnt want to watch them. Though have you ever had an experience where you have watched a film adaptation and it has been better than you thought? Or maybe lived up your imagination?

I listened to that music, that was some good evil stuff haha I like Henry Jackman, a product of Hans Zimmer is bound to be good, incidently just like Steve Jablonsky who did the Transformers one! haha

I agree, the music to a film is often underestimated in terms of its influence and importance to the atmosphere. And thank you, Ill have that will me on then :) Dont be so happy haha At this stage the news is simply that Ive developed the cajones to go and ask her in the first place XD But thanks Emma :)

EDIT3: Thank you haha you really are making me confident :P I hope it will be good news. Yeah I know Ennio's Good Bad and Ugly, its awesome, not too familiar with all his work I must admit though I know hes done some big films! John Williams is a genuine musical legend haha He did the Harry Potter score XD Its pretty good, so even if you dont watch the film, check the music out :) Heres a link to a good track (although dont click if you dont want anything to do with the HP movies at all haha) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Li0SWlwe34

Youtube thumbnail

Ah yeah, I know that piece from John Murphy, its really different and made the atmosphere to that movie if you ask me, you can just picture the zombies straight away, memorable!

• UA

HI Emma :)

I was convinced that X-Men : First Class is gonna come first in the class this year as soon as I watched it when it was released....then over the past few months I heard a lotta praise for The Rise of Planet of Apes, which I finally watched last week. While it is a good movie, it doesn't manage to topple X-Men from the throne....for me at least :))

edit : I can understand your apprehension about HP series, but the movies have been well made and it is really good to see how close the characters turn out to be to the ones you had pictured them as when reading the book....but it is just an observation......still your call :)

Transformers: dark of then moon

Pirates of the Caribbean: on stranger tides

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows parts 1&2

and the best movie of the year for 2014:

Assassins Creed (based on number 2) :)

I think it's the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part2 or maybe I think it's the The Twilight Saga Eclipse(tommorow!)

Yes, I enjoyed X-Men: First Class. (What woman wouldn't enjoy a movie with James McAvoy AND Michael Fassbender? Whew-hew!) And of course, I loved Deathly Hallows, Part 2.

However, my vote for best movie so far is Beginners (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1532503/) with Ewan McGregor, Christopher Plummer, and Mélanie Laurent. It was so original and touching and frequently funny as well. Everyone I know who saw it loved it.

• Walter

Harry Potter. It was the best of the series and finally deserves to receive at least a nomination for best picture

The Rum Diary, nearly as good as Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Super 8

The Help

Puss in Boots

• I so agree! X-men: First Class was an awesome movie, I watched it twice. At first I couldn't understand it AT ALL, and then I watched it again and LOVED it!!