What are your thoughts about these quotes?

"Love All, Trust a Few, Do Wrong to None" - William Shakespeare

"Revenge is like a two-headed snake, while you watch your enemy go down you're being poisoned yourself" - Unknown

"The thing I find most amazing about amazing grace is the chance to give it out, maybe that's what love's all about" - Brandon Heath

"blessed are the merciful for they shall obtain mercy." - Christ

"I find that I can enjoy almost anything of I make my mind up to do it." - Anne Shirley in "Anne of Green Gables" by L M Montgomery

Just a few of my favorites

forgot one.

"You need not quote great men to prove that you are one." Abigail Adams (kind of ironic here but wise none the less)

Favorite Answer

All very nice. I expecially like the one from Christ on mercy. Here's one more (one of my favorites):

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if no one believes it."

Pretty much sums up how I've lived the past twenty years. It's more like "love most, trust but two, do wrong to almost none" though.

Normally true. It's worth it with some people though.

The entire point of love is that it makes you want to give it to others.

One shouldn't be merciful in hope of reward. One shouldn't do anything for others in hope of reward. One should be merciful simply because it's the right thing to do.

Also typically true. You can't enjoy something you don't want to enjoy.

Nope, all you need to do is coin an original quotation. ;)

Richard Jeni You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend

Blaise Pascal Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions

Unknown Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer

George Bernard Shaw The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one

Richard Lederer (Anguished English) There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages.

Steven Weinberg With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Carl Sagan Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

Voltaire Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities

Thomas Jefferson I have examined all the known superstitions of the world, and I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology.

Justin Brown An Atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An Atheist believes that deed must be done instead of a prayer said. An Atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death. He wants disease conquered, poverty vanished

Russian Proverb Pray to God, fine; but keep rowing to shore.

Terry Pratchett The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it.

Those are a few of my favs.

Anne Shirley certainly leaves God out of the Picture. Her comment is not exactly Christs Teaching.I hope she does not like to steal or murder.

Source(s): KJV Exodus 20...I hope she does not make up her mind to break any of these and enjoy it.

Proverbs 24...(whole chapter) speaks to them all.

I prefer to make my own opinions than to use the ones of others

we would live in a better world if everyone followed them

I don't care...