HP Goblin Sword or LOTR Elvish Sword?

By virtue of each Swords characteristics and not by personal opinion, Which sword is stronger Harry Potter's Goblin sword or LOTR's Elvish swords.

Update:

Comparing Frodo's sword and the "goblin-made sword" The sword of Gryffindor (can't remember the name of frodo's sword I haven't read the book in a while.)

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Which sword in particular from LOTR? Each of them has their own lore, powers and abilities.

Glamdaring - the sword that Gandalf found in Moria - glows in the presence of evil. It is deadly against evil beings in general, and especially deadly against Orcs. In fact just the sight of the sword will cause larger Orcs to charge out of blind anger, while smaller ones will run away in fear.

The Sword Of Gryffindor is not very well defined with regards to its powers or abilities. Then again, that reflects the entire world of Harry Potter.

However I can't be too hard on Harry Potter. After all, the LOTR trilogy only represents a very small portion of what JRR Tolkien wrote about Middle Earth. When he created Middle Earth, he created a place with a written history several thousands years long - documented in his work The Similarillion. He also created actual written and spoken languages for all the races - Elves, Hobbits, Orcs, etc. None have since approached this level of detailed world building.

• 9 years ago

Okay first of all get it right,its not "goblin sword" its the sword of godric gryffindor.!

Obviously by my answer the sword of godric gryffindor

• The sword of gryffindor. How else are you going to destroy those damn horcruxes?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.