USAA or Navy Federal?

Now, I currently do everything through USAA, such as banking, credit card, investments, loans, and auto and renters insurance. United Services Automobile Association is an insurance company which owns a bank. To obtain auto insurance with USAA you must've been an E-5 or above in the military. When I served... show more Now, I currently do everything through USAA, such as banking, credit card, investments, loans, and auto and renters insurance.

United Services Automobile Association is an insurance company which owns a bank. To obtain auto insurance with USAA you must've been an E-5 or above in the military. When I served in the military, I never made E-5, which makes me ineligible for auto insurance through the regular USAA inter-insurance exchange, and as a result I am insured through USAA General Indemnity Company, which USAA describes as company insuring non-standard risk drivers.

Now I do love USAA, they've always been great, but I can't help but feel like I'm a 2nd class member, as I'm technically an "associate member", and have no voting rights in the association, as opposed to a regular "member", who does.

I'm considering transferring my banking to Navy Federal Credit Union, because to the best of my knowledge they don't discriminate based upon your service rank. As a CU member, I would have a voice, but sadly they don't offer insurance. They offer discounts through GEICO, which interestingly enough was founded by a former USAA employee.

I do value my membership at USAA, even though I'm a second class citizen, but I feel like I'd have more "control" at a credit union, specifically NFCU. I've been a USAA member for just over 5 years.

Any thoughts or advice?