How to fix this engine code P1451?

I have a 1998 Ford Escort Sport and it has the P1451 code. P1451 is a Evaporative Emission System Vent Control Circuit Malfunction. I have been digging around the internet and found that the problem is a solenoid or a sensor. I haven't been able to figure out if it is the purge solenoid or the vent solenoid. Any help would be much appreciated.

EVAP Control System Canister Vent Solenoid Circuit Malfunction*

if i had to guess it would be the vent solenoid, but i dont want to be wrong... Can anyone tell me where the vent solenoid is located?

I figured out the problem... The wires that went to the connector on the canister broke off. It is now fixed.

Favorite Answer

I can't but a loose fuel cap can cause that code to come up.

if you are still sure its the evap syst. there should be a yellow or blue cap IIRC over one side of the engine bay there you should see some vacuum hoses attached to a solenoid valve and some running towards the intake manifold or air box. make sure they are not loose or cracked by being old and toasted(hard).

a friend of mine had the connector loosened up IDK why. and its a very hard to remove clip. Im sure it was her previous mechanic or that he forgot to plug it back in.

if the engine bay doesn't smells like fresh fuel then I guess you better try to remove the fuel cap and get it tight again, if that doesn't do the trick consider buying a new fuel cap.

gl

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How to fix this engine code P1451?

I have a 1998 Ford Escort Sport and it has the P1451 code. P1451 is a Evaporative Emission System Vent Control Circuit Malfunction. I have been digging around the internet and found that the problem is a solenoid or a sensor. I haven't been able to figure out if it is the purge solenoid or the...

Source(s): fix engine code p1451: https://biturl.im/vZFQk

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/i11hZ

A bank 1 system too lean code can be set for several reasons. It could be a vacuum leak, intake manifold leak, low fuel pressure, clogged injectors, worn spark plugs, weak spark, or even a faulty o2 sensor. Just to mention a few. Are you having any performance issues? How many miles on your vehicle? If you can clear the code, how long before it comes back?