Christians, is the term "evolution" a curse word in your house?

When I was younger I was helping my brother write his paper. He was trying to think of a word that meant "progression". My mother shared a few of her ideas (all of which were silly, mind you) so I suggested, "evolution". My mother promptly spanked me for the "sin" (her words, not mine)... show more When I was younger I was helping my brother write his paper. He was trying to think of a word that meant "progression". My mother shared a few of her ideas (all of which were silly, mind you) so I suggested, "evolution". My mother promptly spanked me for the "sin" (her words, not mine) I committed and then proceeded to tell me how I was a stain in her life, and then forced me to get on my knees and ask God for forgiveness. And then she waited until my father got home so he could kick me a little.

And people wonder why I'm an atheist...