whats the best (easiest) car wax to use?

I just got a really nice bright red truckl. i wana to wax it to protect the paint, however, i don't want to spend 8 hours waxing it like i did my wifes car with plain old green turtle wax. it looks good and all but its grueling tedious pain in the butt. im interested in a liquid wax possibly... one that doesn't require all that elbow grease. but one that will protect very well.... thanks

• Dave
    Best Answer

That question, is by its very nature an oxymoron. Most wax brands come in a liquid form but there is no such thing as an easy liquid wax that will protect well- without the proper elbow grease and prep. You can put a thin coat of any wax that will be fairly easy to remove but it is in fact that very elbow grease that gives a superior shine. If you do not use a cleaner product first, wax will be harder to remove because the surface is not smooth.

No to Turtle Wax- I really like ZYMOL. It's all natural and gave me an amazing, wet shine and they make it in a liquid (blue bottle) however "IT IS ALL ABOUT THE PREPARATION AND ELBOW GREASE"- at least on the first application.

I did the following- which you are clearly not looking to do but maybe I can convince you. I bought a professional polishing machine (not an orbitor) at Harbor Friegh (under $50) and some soft bonets. I first washed it well, then I applied a cleaning polish to remove all the oxidation (used a high"er" speed (not to high) wheel- it turned black!), this is the step that really got down to the paint without damaging the clear. It removed oxidation, dirt and light scratches. It basically preps the surface for the next steps. Then, I used my ZYMOL wax.

***REMOVE ALL PRODUCTS WHEN THEY ARE STILL WET (literally within a minutes time). This might be the answer you are looking for in that if you let any product dry, they are near impossible to remove. Only do one small 2' x 2' area at a time.***

After the wax, you can use a final product like Final Inspection or a Glaze but that step is optional. After, rinse the entire car with clean water and towel dry and buff it.

The above example is the ONLY way to do a quality job- otherwise, if you are looking for a simple, light surface wax you are really wasting your time. You might as well go to the car wash and select the WAX spray. You are covering dirt with a thin wax that will not adhere well and will wear off quickly and never look as good or give that deep, wet shine. You will be disappointed a month later- I guarantee it. The good news with my method is, once you do it, your bright red truck will look amazing and it will stay protected for many months and the next time you go to wax your car (e.g., 6 months later or perhaps less often if you regularly park inside garages), it will be far easier to wax and maintain. The real trick is getting all that dirt off the paint- like painting, again it is all about the prep. Even on a brand new car I have, it's white, you can see the difference the dirt makes to the shade of the vehicle if I only wash it.

Source(s): Experience.

Consumer Reports tests waxes regularly, most recently in the November 2011 issue. Their results haven't changed much: they find that a easy-to-use liquid can be as good as a paste-wax type. Their #1 liquid was Meguiars NXT Generation @ $18/bottle which I've never used. #2 - and a "Best Buy" is Nu Finish liquid. We have been using it at our house for over 20 years on the cars that get used every day: living in the rust belt with bad winters, we found it was the only polish that lasts thru a bad winter: it's still beading in the Spring so 2 applications a year is all you need, and it's very easy to apply and buff.

Previous person recommended Turtle Wax Ice.........CR calls it a "synthetic polish" and it was the lowest-rate of the products tested........but we use it too for our "good car" that stays in the garage most of the time and isn't exposed to weather or sun. It's a very thin, clear liquid.....puts a nice gloss on the finish, takes less than half an hour to do the entire vehicle and the great thing is you can use it on the paint, chrome, black trim, engine - everything - since it doesn't form that white residue in the hard-to-reach places. We've used it since it came out about 5 years ago.

So, our real-life experience: Nu-Finish for a vehicle exposed to weather every day.......Ice for a good gloss on the "toy". Note that neither of these products contains any abrasive cleaners - important so as not to damage clear-coat finishes. If dealing with an old vehicle with weathered paint, you might chose some kind of cleaner-wax or restorer.

Best Car Wax Consumer Reports

Best Car Wax To Use

Turtle Wax

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I just got a really nice bright red truckl. i wana to wax it to protect the paint, however, i don't want to spend 8 hours waxing it like i did my wifes car with plain old green turtle wax. it looks good and all but its grueling tedious pain in the butt. im interested in a liquid wax possibly......

Source(s): whats easiest car wax use: https://biturl.im/KGBev
  • Pat

It's called ICE and it is some type of synthetic wax that is easy to apply and

really beads the water... I used it on my new truck, cause like you I don't

wanna spend hours waxing a 4 dr Truck (Blue)

Source(s): Walmart

I have an 1988 Ford Bronco that I want to wax to keep the Finnish protected.

What would be the best product to use once the weather geeks in NY?

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axz0e

Mothers wax

Mother's or Meguiars