is it wrong to dislike gay families?

I'm cool with gay people in general but I am more then a little bit uncomfortable with them having kids.

I guess i'm okay with them giving a orphan child a home. Nothing wrong with that. But it's bothers me seeing them spend thousands of dollars on IVF and surrogates and the like.

It's seem wrong to deny a child it's mother just so you can play house.

Update:

So motherhood just boils down to finance agree? I'm glad to see we are so progressive...

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

two opposite-gender parents are highly overrated, i think. two straight parents can do an absolutely terrible job of raising a child if both are bad parents, while even one parent can do a wonderful job if they're a good parent. that means two same-sex parents can do perfectly well. *you* may have had a good mother, and not want others to be deprived of the care you received from her, but the same is not true of all children with mothers. another child may grow up with two fathers, one of which provided care equal to the care you received from your mother, and that child may not want anyone else to be deprived of his father; what's important is how good of a parent the Person is, how patient and stable they are, etc., and not their sex.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Namito
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Perhaps scientific research will sway you. Very likely it will not.

Children raised by same-sex couples appear to do as well as those raised by parents of both sexes, suggests an international research review that challenges the long-ingrained belief that children need male and female parents for healthy adjustment.

"It's more about the quality of the parenting than the gender of the parents," says Judith Stacey of New York University, co-author of the comprehensive review. It will be published Friday in the Journal of Marriage and Family.

In addition to child outcomes, the sociologists reviewed parenting styles and found "two women who choose to parent together are slightly more likely than a heterosexual couple to be actively committed to hands-on parenting. We don't have data yet on two men parenting, but I think it will come out fairly similar," Stacey says.

• 8 years ago

Two people who make an active decision to care for a child are far more qualified to to so than two people who accidentally have a child.

When a same-sex couple decide to raise a child, they make a very deliberate and well thought out decision, unlike many opposite-sex couples, who often become parents long before they're emotionally and financially secure.

• 8 years ago

"It seems wrong to deny a child it's mother just so you can play house" Well, nice self centered way of putting it sunshine. It's not like we're Taking away kids from their mother, They are Surrogates for a reason.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

"It's seem wrong to deny a child it's mother just so you can play house."

"So motherhood just boils down to finance agree?"

Facepalm. NO.

• "Play house"? Are you joking? They don't go through all the trouble to "play house". They want to be parents and raise a child. Many women give up their children for adoption, what's the big deal?

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I really question the cognitive ability people in Yahoo Answers possess. (or not.)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.