Why doesn't God work in everyone?

I have heard that God works inside of people and tries to make them Christian. If this is so then why doesn't everyone believe in God?

Favorite Answer

He doesn't ''try to make them Christian." God gave us free will, so we can choose to live in His light or sin against Him. It's true He is in us all, it's just the fact that some people choose (free will) not to acknowledge a higher deity that gave us life. Also, personally, I believe that when people are slipping away, which I've done myself, it's the devil working against us. I know that last part sounds weird but it's one of those things you need to think about and reflect on.

God does work in everyone. The trouble is not everyone wants God to. Have you not read any of these negative answers. I truly believe everyone does believe in God. why else would they go to all this trouble in trying to disprove Him? God doesn't want to make them Christians He just wants to save their souls.

The bible says that the Light has come into the world but some loved darkness rather than light. You know what's funny? Even if you say you don't believe, God is still using you. I know you don't believe(or some of you) but we who do have read how God used the misguided for the good of those that trusted Him.

God doesn't try to make anyone do or be anything. He gave us freewill, that's why christ died for us...so we can make mistakes and we can still be forgiven for those mistakes. Everyone has their own choice to do what ever they want in life, god can only work inside of people when we ask for his help, if the person doesn't ask and truly does not believe that christ is the savior then god cant work inside them.

• alec39

God's in everyone weather they like it or not ours souls are made from his energy and his light sustains each one of us. If he removed his light from us we'd be empty shells.

People know God exists everyone does but they don't want to follow his strict rules and instructions most souls in this world are spoiled children addicted to the pleasures of this world and don't want to give it up.

Easier to pretend he doesn't exist so they can justify their behaviour in this world and do what they want.

God doesn't try to make people Christian. He tries to make them like His son. the reason He isn't in everyone is a legal matter. He will not impede upon your will nor will He force His will upon yours. self righteousness is a disease that makes everyone around that person sick, and God views it the very same way.

God gives everyone the opportunity of the Holy Spirit, however it is for people to open up their hearts to find it. If people do not then there is no reason for them to believe.

God knocks on the heart's door of people, but because he gives everyone free choice to answer that knock or not, it is up to the individual person if they want God in their heart and life or not.

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Two words: free will.

God respects free will and will not overrule it. Thus if someone doesn't want God to work in their hearts, if they are against God, he will not force them to love him. He wants us to love him of our own free will, not out of fear or duty as some teach, but out of honest and pure love.

Here's how it works: God the Father decides it's time to call you and get your attention. Then God the Holy Spirit draws you to Jesus. Sometime after that, it's your decision to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior or not.

B/c they have to want to be saved from going to hell first. The goodness of God will lead them to repentance only then. The spirit of the devil has them blind to the truth:

And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others - Ephesians 2:1-3. = We see that it is the spirit of the devil that makes people do bad things.