promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Good United States History Research Paper Topics?

I need to do a 12-18 page research paper for AP US about anything in American History from when the pilgrims came to 1991. I am interested in economics, but can't think of anything good/original to write about. Any Ideas would be great

Thanks in Advance!

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If your main interest is economics, you might like to write about the book "An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution of the United States" by historian Charles Beard. That book was written in 1913, so historians since then have had plenty of time to write books and articles attacking and defending Beard's views. Your research paper can talk about the many ways in which historians can look at the same facts and come up with radically different interpretations.

(Don't be misled by MorningLightMountain's ignorance or dishonesty about the Civil War. Many Southerner's today don't like to admit that their ancestors were fighting for an evil cause. But Confederate leaders back in the day said openly over and over again that blacks were inferior to whites, that slavery was a good thing, that slavery was God's will, and that the South was fighting a holy war to preserve the institution of slavery. If you're interested, you can look up the secession declarations of several Southern states http://sunsite.utk.edu/civil-war/reasons.html And you can look up Confederate Vice President Alexander Stephens' notorious "Cornerstone Speech," in which he declared that the Declaration of Independence had been wrong in saying that all men are created equal: "Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner-stone rests, upon the great truth that the n*gro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition.")

You can also look up the history of child labor laws and other worker protection laws. Those are clearly related to economic issues. Supreme Court decisions such as Hammer v. Dagenhart, Lochner vs. New York, and Muller v. Oregon are of great importance where that topic is concerned.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • trippi
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

United States History Topics

• Smith
    Lv 5
    6 years ago

Here I would like to share my experience about one of the best essay writing service http://essaysmaster.com/ from online. There are plenty of essay services online, they write dissertations, essays and research papers for you and charge money upfront. I thought buying essay from essay services is very difficult and risk one. But after making deep research in web about essay writing services after I come to know that essay writing services are the best platforms to all college students. According to me one of the best and excellent essays writing service is http://essaysmaster.com/ Their professional writers are always ready give best essay. I also had a good experience from this service. I really very grateful to this company.

• Map
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

My favorite Term Paper I did was about the American Hostages held in Iran during the Carter administration. It was 45 or so pages and the Hostages were still in Iran when the paper was due.

Carter v. the Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini

Why were some women sent home and some kept hostage?

What happened to the hostages after the rescue attempt?

How did the hostages find out about the rescue attempt? Funny answer.

They held 52 Americans for 444 day from November 4, 1979 to January 20, 1981.

Look at the election map of 1980 at:

http://www.270towin.com/

Map

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

O.K. - here's a thought for you. You'll agree that your country, America, is an advanced Industrial Nation and one of the World Leaders in Hi-Tech and Industrial Production. So when and how did this happen..? There was a time when America was almost entirely a farming and settlement country.

What started the Industrial Revolution..? Where did it happen..? What was it..? Coal..? Textiles..? Steel Works..? What..? (In the UK, the heart of the Industrial Revolution was wool and cotton or, in short, weaving, which made it the richest country in the world in the late 18th century.)

If you can't do a 12 page paper on something like that, I give up.

• 9 years ago

One topic might be the Depression and World War II or how Ronald Reagan won the Cold War.

• Mary
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

John Marshall had more affect on the U.S. Supreme Court than any other Chief Justice - Why

• 9 years ago

The REAL causes of the civil war.

Hint: Not slavery.

Dig into that and you'll easily get your 18 pages.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

yes

• 9 years ago

WTF?!?!? 1991?? Are you serious?!! Are you even taking AP classes or special classes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.