Why do SOME(if one of you idiots tells me to quit generalizing I will report you) christians use the OT to...?

...justify a certain view on a social issue? For example opposing gay marriage and using Leviticus which is in the OT when supposedly Jesus "fulfilled" the law and that they are now not required to follow it. Again I said SOME christians, not all christians so please spare me this s!ht about... show more ...justify a certain view on a social issue?

For example opposing gay marriage and using Leviticus which is in the OT when supposedly Jesus "fulfilled" the law and that they are now not required to follow it.

Again I said SOME christians, not all christians so please spare me this s!ht about "I'm christian and I don't do that" because I said SOME, not all. If the shoe doesn't fit you, then no need to run a mile in it.
Update: @ Bagelman. So Christians ARE supposed to follow it? Then please notify your fellow comrades because I see most of them ignoring it instead of doing as the OT says.