What I a oujia board?

Sorry if I spelt it wrong but, what is it and what happens or has happens with you? Also wasn't very sure where to ask this :s

• Reagan
    Best Answer

The Ouija board ( /ˈwiːdʒə/ wee-jə) also known as a spirit/fire key board or talking board, is a flat board marked with the letters of the alphabet, the numbers 0-9, the words "yes", "no", "hello" and "goodbye", and other symbols and words are sometimes also added to help personalize the board.[citation needed] It is a registered trademark of Hasbro Inc.,[1] which markets and distributes the Ouija Board as part of its line of board games.[2] It uses a planchette (small heart-shaped piece of wood) or movable indicator to indicate the spirit's message by spelling it out on the board during a séance. Participants place their fingers on the planchette and it is moved about the board to spell out words. It has become a trademark that is often used generically to refer to any talking board.

Following its commercial introduction by businessman Elijah Bond on July 1, 1890,[3] the Ouija board was regarded as a harmless parlor game unrelated to the occult until American Spiritualist Pearl Curran popularized its use as a divining tool during World War I.[4]

Mainstream religions and some occultists have associated use of the Ouija board with the threat of demonic possession and some have cautioned their followers not to use Ouija boards.[5]

While Ouija believers feel the paranormal or supernatural is responsible for Ouija's action, it may be parsimoniously explained by unconscious movements of those controlling the pointer, a psychophysiological phenomenon known as the ideomotor effect.[6][7][8] Despite being debunked by the efforts of the scientific community, Ouija remains popular among many people.[4]

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/ouija#ixzz1diBJiGM9

where to ask this Science & Mathematics Alternative Paranormal Phenomena

I agree with all the yahoo users who tell you to not go near ouija boards for once you start playing you can get drawn in by an unknown entity and once they get a grip on you it will be very hard to get it out of your life also they do everything possible to destroy your life even drive you to commit suicide as their soul purpose is to possess you.

My advice is you might be very curious as i was and still have the urge to try it but don't as your life will never be the same again as your asking for evil to come into your life

Watch this true story it is based on the film version the exorcism of emily rose

the real girl was called Anneliese Michel this video will show you that demonic possession is really is not a made up concept.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4n9vK0_mdk

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

• Cheryl

A Ouija board is NOT a game. It is a tool, to be used carefully and with full knowledge. Once you start "playing" with a Ouija board, you have opened a portal to the other side. If you do not know how, or don't care, to properly control and close it, you don't know who or what you could allow to come through. I have had some very scary experiences with a Ouija board when I was younger, and I did know how to control it. Just a slip, and some bad luck, is all it takes to bring out some very negative influences...

• Jesse

It is a board game based on an ancient form of contacting the spirit world. In the bible times the Jews used a breast plate in much the same way, only instead of contacting any spirit it was used for direction from God.

I do not recommend the use of the Ouija board as some people have been known to have on going problems from unwanted spirits. It is not simply a game and there is no control over the spirits you contact.

A ouija board is a spiritual tool used for communication with, and channeling from the other-worlds. It is a very old tool. The name, ouija, is derived from the French and German words for "yes". Other names for the ouija board are "witch board" and "talking board".

If you choose to make one you should use wood for both the board and the planchette, as wood is a living thing, which will help to channel the energies. Yew would be a good wood to use.

Your question as to what is a Ouija board has already been answered. Yes, it is the devils tool. One of many. It is a game he likes to play with us. People I know got hooked on it and consulted the board for answers to their problems. The real answer to our problems is Jesus. I would not have a Ouija board in my house.

Source(s): Bible

Depends on who you ask, but I would stay away from it. People use it to contact dead people - spirits - and many stories exist about how this opened up a portal to demons. You ask the board a question and wait for an answer - you can google pictures of one. Witches and occultists seem to think they are ok, skeptics say that people (who use a "pointer" everyone puts their hands that is guided around the board to "yes or no" or to various letters to spell out an answer) make it work through the power of group suggestion, people like myself who are somewhat "religious" believe it's bad news.

It's a very silly children's toy that does nothing at all, but people fool themselves and others into believing that it has the ability to communicate with dead people. It consists of a platform with a pointing device called a planchette which rolls freely on the board to indicate letters or words. The planchette appears to move by itself because it's almost impossible to keep from moving it subconsciously. With practice, it's easy to move the pointer anywhere you choose, and you can scare the wits out of your friends by making it look like a demon is communicating with them.

Ok here's the deal...there is a spiritual world out there complete with demons and other spiritual beings. Whether or not you think its real or it just a game. Its "purpose" is to put YOU in touch with spiritual world. By using one you are basically saying, "Attention all spiritual beings I am available and actively seeking your attention"...Is that something you want to do?

Apparently you ask demons questions and they spell it out to you on the board, if you look it up on youtube you'll find a few videos that give you an idea. It isn't real though, the Ideomotor effect is what causes the thing to move.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideomotor_effect

U ask it if ur gonna get ur dream uke from da yaoi tank! xD (i kno im not suppozed 2 put that here, some baka gaijin alredy reported me 4 no raisin once >_>)