Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Is Thanksgiving a day we Americans should honor above Christmas?

Alaskan Native

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

many already do

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

No. The only day Americans should honor is July 4. Both Thanksgiving and Christmas are made up holidays and have nothing to do with the founding of the country.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I find my own use for the holiday. The founding of the country is a joke. But, I don't try to force this belief on others. Christmas is a pagan holiday. I find my own way to honor Jesus, knowing that this really isn't his birthday and that it was some random thing made up by the RCC.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Thanksgiving is the kick-off for the thirty days of Christmas.

They are essentially the same holiday now.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

The greatest Christian holiday is Easter. The day that we Christians commemorate the day Christ Jesus defeated death and demonstrated his authority over life and death. Since he demonstrated His authority over it, I've trusted Him to grant me life and have assurance that He has the authority and power to provide it. Christmas and Thanksgiving are sort of on par with each other in the Christian tradition and on a second tier. Easter is the big one. Thanks for reading.

• 8 years ago

Native americans give thanks every day. Not once a year. And we don't celebrate "the tradition thanksgiving" that you do, for obvious reasons. We don't celebrate columbus day, either.

Source(s): Navajo
  • 8 years ago

i guess -_- but for the native americans i'd say no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.