Why can nobody respect the fact that I don't want pictures taken/put on Facebook?

I hate getting my picture taken. I am so un-photogenic and I just don't like it. At any family occasion or even when out with friends, people try to force me to get my picture taken. It's frustrating, annoying and hurtful that they can't so much as respect that I don't want it taken. It's not... show more I hate getting my picture taken. I am so un-photogenic and I just don't like it. At any family occasion or even when out with friends, people try to force me to get my picture taken. It's frustrating, annoying and hurtful that they can't so much as respect that I don't want it taken. It's not even getting it taken, it's so much worse when they put them on Facebook. I just do not want pictures of me on Facebook. If someone puts up some, I ask them to take them down but they don't.

Why is it such a big deal? I just simply don't want pictures of me on the internet. Nobody can respect that. How can I make them understand?