Is it ok to use paper plates for Thanskgiving?

My mom always does Thanksgiving dinner for her children and their families (she has 7 kids, I'm her baby, 15 years old and living at home of course). There are 22 people altogether if everyone can make it. First of all, that is a LOT of dishes. Secondly, she only has like 15 plates in her set of good wedding china. I know the insane pileup of plates, wine glasses, silverware, and servingware really stresses her out. So I was going to suggest that she use paper plates instead (good, sturdy ones with a pretty Thanksgiving design). But I don't know, would that be super tacky or something? It's never been a formal dinner; we all dress somewhat nicely but definitely not formal.

• Lady
    Favorite Answer

Yes, absolutely ,anything to make clean up faster.

• oroza

Sturdy Disposable Plates

I am from a family of 8. Over the years our table has grown with in-laws and grandchildren.

Here is a list of things we did serve on plastic plates/ paper plates

-appetizers

-rolls

-cranberry sauce

-desserts

Though with the hot dishes such as the regular meal we did serve on regular plates because it would be hard to cut up turkey with plastic knives and forks. We used our regular silverware for the main course. Then for dessert we used plastic utensils.

Also hot stuff like gravy needs to be in a glass when serving.

We usually ran the dishwasher twice after our dinner. While the Dishwasher was running the 1st time, that was the time to pack up the food, clean the floor, hand wash some of the pots, and wash the kitchen counter.

Kind of tacky to serve wine in a plastic cups. I think we pulled out our wine cups. You can probably serve coffee & tea with Styrofoam cups.

Soda, juice, water and can be served in platic cups/paper cups

That's perfectly fine.

We have a huge family gathering for our Thanksgiving, and we have always used disposable plates, forks, spoons, and cups. What we buy are those sturdy foam Hefty plates with the compartments in them. That's better than worrying about a pileup of dishes, and you can just enjoy your time with the family instead.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving! :)

Source(s): My own experiences

I usually do. I don't have enough plates for everyone some years.

It makes it easier. I don't think it's tacky as our T-days are usually so casual & friendly. Dress is casual, we watch tv, play cards, go out & play ball or something, etc... everyone knows it.

If I were having a formal dinner party where everyone was dressed up, then it would be tacky.

That sounds totally fine:) As long as your family is together and having a great time, whether you eat on paper or china doesn't matter! Just make sure that they are sturdy and can hold large amounts of food!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

...."pointless venture"?? hmmmmm....think of approximately this: the kitchen is the #a million place that get the main quantity of germs and bacteria enhance...on counters, sinks, sponges, home equipment, sinks, dishpans, etc. each and every time you go away them exceeded over you're inviting horrendous odors, bugs and creepy critters. Having your very own place skill accepting the accountability of maintenance for a healthful way of existence. do some google examine and study what it takes to maintain a clean ecosystem interior the kitchen section. Washing the dishes perfect after making use of them is one way: try this>>>for the subsequent 30 days, wash your dishes perfect away without thinking approximately it, without announcing "I hate this chore". (they say once you do some thing for 30 consecutive days it turns into habit). that is okay to apply paperware on celebration, yet to enable dishes pile up for a week and picture paper plates will remedy your "deeper matters", won't remedy the subject. handle that hurdle such as you will possibly handle the jobs of cleansing the bathing room, doing the laundry, vacuuming and dusting, changing the mattress linens, etc. show delight interior the undeniable fact which you're able to do those issues---"guy up"..;).

Yeah, but I dont becuz all the heavy food might break the plate, but if sturdy why not?

It's the family, friendships and good times shared that counts not the texture of the plate :) Sounds pretty normal to me :)

Positively!It's also faster to clean up if you make a mess.Also,who has to judge you if you could serve food in paper plates?No one!You should just let your imagination flow and be who you are.I'm really happy I could help.~Elizabeth Wyatt~

Source(s): My own brain