Is it ok to use paper plates for Thanskgiving?

My mom always does Thanksgiving dinner for her children and their families (she has 7 kids, I'm her baby, 15 years old and living at home of course). There are 22 people altogether if everyone can make it. First of all, that is a LOT of dishes. Secondly, she only has like 15 plates in her set of good wedding... show more My mom always does Thanksgiving dinner for her children and their families (she has 7 kids, I'm her baby, 15 years old and living at home of course). There are 22 people altogether if everyone can make it. First of all, that is a LOT of dishes. Secondly, she only has like 15 plates in her set of good wedding china. I know the insane pileup of plates, wine glasses, silverware, and servingware really stresses her out. So I was going to suggest that she use paper plates instead (good, sturdy ones with a pretty Thanksgiving design). But I don't know, would that be super tacky or something? It's never been a formal dinner; we all dress somewhat nicely but definitely not formal.
14 answers 14