How to lower the FPS rating on an AEG airsoft gun?

I have an AEG rated for 400 FPS, but one of the places where I go to play has a maximum of 385. I know you can buy new springs, but I have no idea what kind of spring to get. I'm still a noob to airsoft so I'm trying to get my set up started.

Favorite Answer

Here's some springs you might like

http://www.evike.com/index.php?cPath=24_611_333

1.Choose any of the springs you would like on the link.(by the way when you want to change a spring you have to breakdown your gun and beware your doing this on your own risk of breaking parts+if your not sure about doing this you can always stream through the website and go to--Airsoft Guns---Custom work and services---and find what you would like for the professionals to do it for you and no need to worry they're experts)

2.You could shoot your gun at semi,but do it quick so the gun doesn't shoot.Pull the trigger back on semi and don't pull the trigger all the way back which results in the airsoft gun firing.You want to pull the trigger really quickly so the gears inside the gun would pull back,but not release which would make the airsoft gun fire.Keep it like that overnight so the spring would be weaker since of the tension.

3.If your gun is brand new go ahead and shoot it a lot.New airsoft guns tend to shoot very high at first ,but once you keep on using the airsoft gun and shoot the airsoft gun a lot,the spring would settle down and lower the fps to 385.

Source(s): www.evike.com,airsofting for 3 years,love to help.

You do not have to change springs, what I do is simply is change the hop up nub to a larger one as thick & soft as of that red/black wire coating on your lipo battery. Cut a small part of that the size of a hop up nub and replace your stock one with those.. Whenever you want to lower your FPS you simply have to turn your hop up down to tighten it on the bb thus decreasing your FPS as BB passes thru.

Okay! well i play airsoft,too. Go to Airsoftgi.com and then send a email with ur problem and situation and they will help u. Fyi: airsoftgi is a airsoft retail store in California

It all is internal stuff. Mostly the springs. If it is at a local field, I would recommend using a M110-M115 spring in your gun.

Message me if you need more help!

Source(s): Airsofter and gun tech

I don't think this is true

shoot heavier BBs. problem solved.