how many of you want to throw ur mouse out the window grrrrr!?

i have one of those stinky sensor mouses. i want the one with the little ball underneath it sooo much more better and more reliable

NEVER HAD A COMPANION... - exactly!!!

FIZIXX- i'll try that. geeze wasn't expecting a fix it help but well appreciated thanks

• fizixx
    Favorite Answer

You have what's called an optical mouse. They are superior to the ball-types. Here's a tip that may help make it work better for you. You don't use a mouse pad with them, you use it directly on the table surface. The surface you're using it on has to have some kind of pattern. It can't be a plain, solid color. It reads the location by changing contrasts so if you're using yours on a plain surface with no pattern to it, go find a thin plastic sheet you can tape onto the table....one that has some kind of pattern....doesn't matter what it is.

I suspect this is your problem.

There could also be dust up inside the opening underneath. Turn it over and look in there and see if you see anything in it. Ball-type mice were famous for this....getting clogged constantly by dust.

Hopefully this will fix the problem for you.

*** Thanks....I hope it helps! You COULD have a faulty mouse, but I don't think you do.

No lol I usually have the same problem with ALL mice: broken buttons! Either they become unresponsive (doesn't click when pressed) or bad contact points (double clicks even if you pressed it just once, and difficult to click-and-drag because it will "release" before you release the button).

I have both. Mice with balls (wow that sounds like it's a different meaning lol) works better on glossy or reflective surfaces (glass table, plastics, varnished wood), while LED optical mice need less maintenance because you don't need to clean the roller and the ball inside. Actually LED optical mouse should be superior in accuracy, try using it on a non-reflective surface, it won't work well on a glass table or plastic. Regular photocopy paper or phone bill (a lot of people use it, including me and my friends lol) on a flat surface usually works best as mouse pad for optical mice.

If you want better accuracy than those two, try laser mice -- they cost more to buy, though.

Oh and there are also glaser (glass laser) mice, laser mice that would work on transparent glass or mirror =P

I tried feeding my mouse to my cat, but the cat looked at me like it was an insult.

You mean the old school mice? those were terrible.

yeah i went back to the old one myself that light censor thingy was shyt

I'm on me cell phone so I'm a o Kay :P

i have a cordless we are close friends