Hi fellow seniors, when did you last hear something pleasing?

On Friday I was at a memorial service when I heard one of the local young Air Cadets (16-17years old) grumble that he'd lost his poppy and that it must have fallen off somewhere on route. A second later a British Legion( with a chest full of medals) veteran came over and gave him his. The young cadet said,... show more On Friday I was at a memorial service when I heard one of the local young Air Cadets (16-17years old) grumble that he'd lost his poppy and that it must have fallen off somewhere on route.

A second later a British Legion( with a chest full of medals) veteran came over and gave him his.
The young cadet said, " thank you sir but you deserve to wear it more than I do so please keep it on". They shook hands but the elderly gentlemen insisted that the young man should " keep it and wear it with pride".

I and many others within hearing distance felt quite moved by that and agreed that it was so refreshing to hear of such respect for the seniors from a nice well mannered young lad.

All too many youngsters these days get such bad press so it's quite heartening to hear something positive don't you think?