Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 10 years ago

How to cope with my boyfriend being in the military?

We've been together for a year and seven months (I've known him for two years now) and he's been in the Navy for a year. He's stationed in Hawaii and I'm in California. It gets hard and lonely. I miss him a ton. He hasn't been on a deployment yet but I'm scared that when he does go on deployment that I will crumble without him. He's my best friend and pretty much my only friend. I love him so very much! We plan on getting married soon. Any advice on getting through this difficult time? Anyone experiencing it and would like to talk? :)

Favorite Answer

Have you talked about this? If you have then i assume that your both very committed and determined to make it work. That is all you can do there!

On the other hand you are not alone because you share with him a bond that can't be broken by distance only by thought. So keep your thoughts of each other positive focus on living your life as normal by being occupied with other people and things.

Don't fear you will lose him or grow apart while you remain certain in your heart he i the only one you desire!

cheers