Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Can I call the police if my neighbours are being too loud at 10 am?

I have to study and their annoying music is on tooo loud! It's horrible music btw, not even nice songs.

Update:

Grow a set? U idiot how dare u! And we've already told them a million times! But they do this crap every morning! We got used to it, but today it's louder tahn usual!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Nope. Best bet is to move.

Our neighbors downstairs do everything loudly. Blast music, blast the video games on their TV loudly, talk loudly, laugh loudly, run through the complex at 2 am loudly, have sex loudly (it's a group of college girls) and etc. Most of the time their music is blasted loudly around 8am-11am and again from 10pm-2am and there's nothing we can do.

Well one night at 8:30pm-8:45pm my husband and I got into it. I started throwing mini water bottles at the wall trying to hit him, but missed about 10 times. Wouldn't you know it about 3 days later we got a notice on the door from an 'anonymous' source saying things were being thrown around and there was screaming around 10pm-10:45pm a few days prior and to stop or we'd be thrown out. I was floored. The anonymous source were the people downstairs as our bedroom wall is directly below theirs. They lied about the time too and I know because I was watching the clock in my rage and at 8:45pm my husband left for the night to sleep at a friends house.

Source(s): People have some nerve. If I were you I'd move.
  • Kini
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

There is no ordinance about noise during the day only after 10 p.m. at night.

• 10 years ago

Yes u can. Noise complaints are pretty common.

Source(s): Personal experience
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Nope, sorry. After 10PM in most places you can, though. Look up your county noise ordinance law for more info.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Sure. There may even be sound ordinances that could be in affect

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

No you have to tell them first and if they don't listen then you can ;) hope I helped

• 10 years ago

Why don't you grow a set and go ask them to turn it down??

• 10 years ago

I don't think you can haha good luck though

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

i would file a fat complaint

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.