How would God show His saving glory and perfect judgement if He didn't create an imperfect world?

I'm sure He has created perfect worlds and imperfect worlds (like this one), we just happen to be part of this one.

@Fred, my what?

Favorite Answer

He shows his glory by creating an imperfect world. You see? He gave us the ability to learn by experiences and one of those kinds happens to be with pain. Many of the things we need to learn, we could never learn in a "perfect world".

To illustrate my point, we actually do need the color black. Many people see black as associated with evil, the color of the devil, rebellion, etc. But can you imagine what the world would be like if there were no shadows any where? The only color we could see was white?? Well, we wouldn't be able to see anything. :P How dismal a world this would be. :)

• Galena

God did not create an imperfect world. It is man who is imperfect but that's ok. I would much rather go through life with goals and aspirations to do better than to walk around like a zombie. God graced us with free will. I ask myself if I had been Eve would I have eaten the fruit and then tempted Adam to eat it. I think about the circumstances of their existence at the time, living in paradise with every good thing at their disposal and being a servant to a God who obviously loves them for putting them in such a beautiful place and I say no. I would not betray the Father nor Adam but we all have to suffer for her greediness for power...or her innocence in thinking everything must be good in such a beautiful place, thereby being gullibly fooled by the serpent.

That's a tough and confusing question...

I guess that's part of the reason why He allowed Adam and Eve to make the decision to disobey Him or not...so that He can show His other attributes. If the world were perfect, of course we will still worship Him, but we won't really understand why He is worthy of worship. It's like we worship Him just for being our Creator...but we won't know his other qualities...such as being merciful, being just, and such...

I don't really know how He can show it in a perfect world...you can't save perfect people or judge perfect people...

Wow, really people? God raped? God killed? Did someone report a giant ghostly or glowing hand descend from the clouds to crush people? No. ITS CALLED FREE WILL. You, even atheists, were given the most PRECIOUS gift of free will!!!!! It is that free will, in each individual human, that determines if that human will be evil and commit sins. God forces nothing, and asks little. Atheists are so offended by the possibility of His existence want to cling so hard to their disbelief that they make God the author of all human suffering. It is not God, my friend. It is us. We each have the ability to make informed decisions, like not to kill, or to donate food and money to the sick and starving over seas. Look inside yourself, you might find something you did not think was there.

God declared that "everything was good" after creating the earth and mankind. It was Satan (who was also created perfectly) that brought imperfection in the world by sinning against God and misleading Adam and Eve.

• ?

So what you are saying for example is that a serial killer, who has brutally raped and murdered hundreds of little children is nothing bad, since now we can see how loving this person can be too... You are a sick person!

• Fred

So you believe that your fairy kills people, created disease, etc. out of love. It is completely unable to show people that it exists in a normal manner, but instead must create horror as evidence of its existence. What a disgusting fairy.

This is the problem with religion - when you apply it to God, all you get is nonsense.

you have a point there

god : im not incompetent, i urrr.... errrmm... purposely messed up! yeah! thats right! it was all according to plan *wink*