Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 10 years ago

jumping my size in ear gauge?

i went from 14mm to a 12mm to a 10mm. I want to know if its okay to skip 6mm and go to an 8mm? would this cause a blowout? I don't think it would be a big jump but I'm not sure.

• Izzy
    Favorite Answer

I'm assuming you mean 10mm to 12mm to 14mm and you want to skip 16mm to get to 18mm :') don't ever skip 4 sizes. 1 it won't go through, second, yes it will cause a blow out, you can also rip your ear. Keep skipping 2, it's how I did it

Source(s): 22mm in 1 ear and 14mm (still stretching) on the other

With millimeters, the bigger the number, the bigger the jewelry. Only gauges go backwards (14g, 12g, 10g, etc).

It's never safe to skip sizes - even small jumps. You're better off in the long run to not risk blowing out your ears and always go once size at a time.

I did exactly this when stretching mine out. It depends on who you talk to but for me personally I had no problem jumping from 10 to 6 though they were sore longer. it depends on your skin elasticity but you should be ok doing it, just make sure they are healed up from the last stretching. Don't do it any sooner than a month after you last one. really with the extra time you have to wait before and after from jumping a size you might as well not, unless you are trying to save money which was my reasoning.

• girlk

No it isnt safe and it can create scarring that will leave your earlobe harder to stretch and can create a cat butt look on your earlobes. I have cat butt from stretching waay way to fast 0g to 5/8s within a month.

http://img845.imageshack./ us/img845/750/img20110719224249. jpg IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT YOUR EARLOBE TO LOOK LIKE HUH?!?!?!?!!? (erase the spaces)