Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 10 years ago

I'm not sure if my mom is going to let me belly button pierced?

I'm 18 and I'm coming home for break from college. I've been planning a best friend day when me and my best friend are going to go out, shop, and get my belly button pierced. My mom has been okay with it over the phone but I'm afraid she's going to change her mind. I have to drive 15 minutes on the highway but it's not bad. She never really let me drive to down until graduation practice!!! I'm scared she won't let me drive either. If she says no, I guess I'll just get it done when I go back to college. How can I convince her if she says no?

Update:

It's my car by the way. My dad paid for it but he made it clear to my mom that its mine.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Shay
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Your 18, it is now your choice. She may not agree with it, but if you are paying for it with your own money, she can't stop it. (she may deny you use of her car to go do it in, but like you said, you can always get it done later.)

I would actually not say anything until it is done, and then just show her.

• 10 years ago

You are 18. You don't need permission and she can't force you to take it out. She can't stop you from driving either.

@Patrick Eli - You don't know what's best for your kids all the time. You have no right to tell your old adult child that they can't have a belly button piercing. You are one of the few guys that doesn't like belly jewelry, lol. It's going to be funny when you have older teenagers and they start rebelling against you. So what would you do if your 18 year old daughter got her belly pierced against your wishes?

• ?
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Don't even mention it again you are 18 and in college. It may seem you want your mothers approval but, you don't need it anymore and you can be respectful to her and still get your belly button pierced. If you do ask and she says no do not keep trying to convince her - that is what you do when you are younger calmly tell her ok and drop it. I am assuming you are paying for it.

• 10 years ago

Honestly, I wouldn't care if my child was 18. Hopefully when I have children I could raise them to listen to me, regardless their age, and know I want the best for them, and would say no to something for a reason. So if your mom says no, just listen. Plus i think belly button piercings look disgusting, in addition to all the horror stories we hear about belly button infections because of piercings.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.