Can I major in economics if I've never taken the subject before?

I'm applying to Stern for a major in economics but I've never taken the subject before. Will I be able to get in? Will I have trouble trying to cope up?

Favorite Answer

yes, you should be able to

• ?

Tons of people major in topics they've never even considered before college. That said, economics can be very tough. It would be smart to take an economics class or two before settling on the major. You can probably use the introductory economics courses at NYU to count for general education requirements.

It all depends on your level of interest and general knowledge in economics. You should do well.