Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What is the average Mpg on 72 camaro?

What is the average mpg on a 1972 RS camaro? Both city and highway would be nice to know, thank you : )

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Depends on a lot of different aspects... first off, why do you care? When you are driving a 72 camaro, fuel economy is not exactly a sales point.

The most common drive train set up (350/350 with 308ish gears) with probably return 15-18 on the hwy, 10-14 in the city.

If you have a 305, mileage is a little better, if you are running a 454, mileage will be a lot worse. If you have a 700r4, mileage will be a little better, if you have a powerglide, mileage will be worse. If you have 411 gears mileage goes down on the hwy, the bigger the carb, the worse the mileage. plus, there is 50 billion things that could have been modified on that car between 1972 and now that would affect your mileage as well. There is really no set answer.

• 7 years ago

I had a 1972 350 Rally Sport with two-barrel carb. Gas was .24 cents per gallon so I didn't care a lot about mileage. But I do recall a Thanksgiving trip where we encountered many closed gas station so we paid a lot of attention to the mpg. We calculated that we got well over 20 mpg. The mods were Goodyear F70 radials, front air dam, and increased air flow by flipping over the lid of the air filter housing.

• 10 years ago

12 - 16 possibly less

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.