Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 10 years ago

Relationship Troubles?

Unlike many of the other "I cant get a girlfriend" questions, I sometimes feel that my standards are too high, I re-evaluate and become less critical about certain things only to remember why those things were critical to begin with. I consider myself very social, and proactive. However I feel that I'm lacking intimacy in my life, by that I mean an actual relationship. If I wanted to I could turn and burn one night stands if I wanted too, but that is not who I am. Thoughts and ideas of finding a relationship with actual "intimate" substance? or am I just getting impatient of my dream girl showing up?

Favorite Answer

Definitely lower your standards - not by too much, however. You sound very social, meaning that you're more likely to find a girl you will like. Just wait. The right person often shows up when you're not looking. Best of luck! :)

To be honest you sound like you are very arrogant and you look down on others. Your dream mate might be right in front of you but you are so picky you might have ruled her out already. It is okay to have standards there is nothing wrong with that. But what happens sometimes is we go overboard. You have to remember that no matter how great you think you are you have faults and may not look perfect. so if you have faults and do not look perfect then do not be so over critical of others. But once you are alone for a while you will change your tune. Usually what happens is you will be so desperate for companionship that you end up being with someone you told yourself that you never would have dated. I have seen it to many times. So I think if you don't be realistic with your standards then life will humble you to where you will bring them down. Much further than what you said you will ever do. But I really think if you were going to do some one night stands you would have did it. You wouldn't post this question. So I say be open to new experiences and stop judging people and live life. You'll feel better and you won't be so lonely.

Source(s): Life and observation

there aren't just deep, committed relationships and one night stands. relationships always start out more superficial as you are getting to know each other. if you have a connection, the relationship will naturally strengthen. however, to get there, you have to go out, talk to girls, make friends with girls. go out with the intention of just getting to know as many girls as you can. you'll see that you like some more than others, and you'll see that there are some you could see yourself having a relationship with.

• ?

well first of all , you are right , if anything you should be picky theres nothing wrong with that , but patience is key my friend , this is your life , sometimes you want it to go ur way if it did , you probably would be a happy man , or a happier man , but you got to remeber this ''its not burger king you cant have it your way'' as much as we bear our teeth and want it to be our way it just cant , yes its unfair , but lifes not fair

No one is perfect, so you might be looking for that. Its to have standards but when its super high your not gonna find it. Answer mine :)

please i beg you, don't settle. don't do it.

please answer mine

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AqfnW...