Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Amanda asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 10 years ago

What is better bare essentials powder or MAC power?

If you say MAC what kind should I get and why? thank you!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago

Bare Essentials Powder

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I don't like bare essentials AT ALL. It looks so cakey on my skin. I absolutely love MAC powders I swear by them. Also, Nars has really good powder too. It pretty much depends on what you're looking for. If you are looking for a lot of coverage I would go with MAC Studio Fix Powder, it doesn't look too heavy, but it covers uneven skintone. If you want something sheer and natural looking, I would get MAC mineralize skin finish. They are made from minerals, they are very light, you won't even feel it on your skin. Hope that helped.

• 10 years ago

well bare essentials is just mineralized loose powder that will give more a natural look and is better for your skin. mac facial products, mainly foundations/powders, break people out because mac tends to be heavier and can clog your pores.

if you have sensitive skin i'd go with bare essentials. i have very sensitive, with a lot of acne, skin but wasn't a fan of bare essentials because it really made my pores look even more visable and made my skin look dry. also there's a product in bare essentials (forgot what it's called) that tend to break people out.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I'd definitely say Bare Essentials. If you're like me and you have sensitive skin, MAC might irritate your skin/cause you to break out. And, with MAC, in order to get it prefect looking, you have to put it on a special way, versus with Bare Essentials you just brush it on. I hoped this helped!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Bare essentials

Don't get me wrong I love MAC, but there aren't good for your skin and can cause some people breakouts. They are also super heavy, where as bare essentials feels natural,!

• 10 years ago

To be safe, get Mac mineralize skin finish natural, its super light and so natural and it evens out your skin tone. Mac isn't really heavy, you just have to know how to apply it. Plus theres very few complaints on Mac MSFN

• 10 years ago

ive used both and dont like either

bare minerals was blah and didnt look like i was wearing anything BUT its STILL better than MAC.

iv'e tried many MAC facial creme/powders. they make me break out like CRAZY

and i never breakout.

their stuff is way too harsh for everyday wear seeing as though it was made for stage makeup

ihate mac makeup!

(other than their blush and brushes.)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.