How can I get my PC to pick up my speakers?

SO today I was talking to my friend about bad sound on Skyrim. He told me that to fix it change my format to 2 channel, 24bit, 48000 Hz(Studio Quality). When I clicked "apply" I noticed my speakers were not picking up at all, and since It will not pick them up I cant change the settings back Can anyone help me resolve this?

Favorite Answer

Figure out which drivers you're using for the speakers in the first place. Download a fresh set, Uninstall the current ones, and then Reinstall them to give them a fresh start. Hopefully, this will fix both your problems in a nutshell.