Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 10 years ago

My 7 month old has croup cough?

My 7th month old baby have a severe croup cough, we already bring her to the hospital for check up but the doctor only give medicine for throat infection. What other options or medicines I can give to my daughter as I am very worried and it really breaks my heart everytime i heard her cough.

Favorite Answer

Take her back to the emergency room. She could have whooping cough which could kill her. Please don't delay. Take her in and have them test her for whooping cough.

Use a vaporizer to keep the air around her moist. If it gets very bad and she has trouble breathing go into the bathroom, shut the door and turn on the shower so that the steam fills the room. That usually helps. If it does not go back to the hospital.