Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsBirds · 10 years ago

Why does my male cockatiel have barrings?

I have a male cockatiel and I know he is a male because he has breeded with my female but they havent had any eggs anyway he has very faint barrings under his tsil and legs ive had him for a year so I dont under stand why he still has them he has a brigjt cheek patch no gray in his face and also he sings and talks way more than the female.plz help ty because I want to breed him but I dont know if he id to young or how long I should wait

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

As Jordan says forget about breeding,you have not got a clue.

Source(s): Cockatiel Breeder.
  • 10 years ago

does he have a little thing around his leg if he dose that mean he is not fertile because the pet stores dont want you ro breed because then you wont buy the birds so they give them shots so there eggs or what ever the guys does they make sure its not fertile. SORRY TO BREAK IT TO YOU IF IT HAS BRACLET ON ITS LEG NO BABIES

Source(s): i know some breeders which they teach me things
  • 10 years ago

If you don't know it's gender or when is the right time to breed them then you should not even bother breeding your birds.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.