Olivia White asked in HealthDental · 10 years ago

How to heal burnt (acid, not heat) tongue?

I had some vinegar chips earlier, and they literally burnt my tongue. As you might know, vinegar is an acid. My tongue reacted very negatively to the vinegar. It feels like a regular burn (several of my taste buds are swollen and red). I also feel like my mouth is dry. >.<

So back to my question...how can I heal it faster? How long will it take to heal?

• Ann S
    Favorite Answer

the best thing to do is drink a lot of cold water.The water will rinse the vinegar off and the cold will reduce the swelling.You can also stick your tongue in the glass of cold water for a few seconds at a time for additional relief.