Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

why cant liberals have honest debates?

they name call, change the subject, or ignore the facts.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

What are you debating in this question? I have asked several policy questions regarding Cain's plans and no Conservative ever answers them with any explanation, when they do, its completely irrelevant to the question. Some Liberals on the other hand can explain their position on the question.

• 5 years ago

Because a wall separates us and neither side will agree to let go of the standards it holds dear to move entirely to the other side in compromise and unity. Although all conservatives are not all Christians, Christians make up a good part of the conservative movement. For decades Christians were the silent majority in this country because there was no need to speak out. But over the last 20-30 years as we've watched the country move from the high ground to the valley of deprivation and death, Christians have begun to fight to keep the government out of church business and reinstate the historical morality our society was built on and maintained for nearly two centuries. This "freedom of religion" is not only commanded by God but is guaranteed by the 1st Amendment. Conservatives, including Christians have every right to vote according to their beliefs and faith and we have begun to do so in larger numbers. Likewise, although not all liberals are atheists, atheists make up the loudest part of the liberal movement. Atheists are fighting to keep the church (Christians) out of the government. They want so desperately to believe that the 1st Amendment guarantees them "freedom from exposure to Christianity" and therefore are fighting to prevent any truly devout Christian from holding a political office. So they've reworked the wall of separation of church and state making it into some sort of shelter from Christians and Christianity. The majority of them would prefer that we were denied the right to run for office, or to even vote. But since that's not an option (yet) they instead choose to square off verbally in the public domain with mockery, ridicule, and condemnation in an effort to shut us up and drive us away from the government and the election polls. In short, these states are no longer united. We are in the midst of a social and political battle for the soul of this country. And THAT is why conservatives and liberals don't get along.

• 10 years ago

Actually I have seen both sides do it. The republican news network, as I call it has said so many hateful things I have stopped watching and I am an independent. So as far as pointing fingers at the libs, I would have to say there are three more fingers pointing right back at republicans. Two wings same bird

• 10 years ago

We'd have to go back to 2008 for any Democrat debates. I bet the guy who is running for the Democratic nomination is screaming for a debate with Obama. Obama doesn't have to and would probably hurt him if he did.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

And people of other political ideologies don't do the same thing?

To answer your question, a lot of people that are "CERTAIN" that their view is the only, correct view will do anything they can (which includes dishonesty/ad hominems) to win the argument, or perhaps just for their own pride.

• ?
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

Actually no two people are exactly the same. So...

The best thing to do is to use a specific person or organization so that people know what you are referring to.

• Grrrl
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

You realize conservatives do exactly the same thing, only much, much worse, right?

You think ANY politicians are "honest"?

THat being said, liberals are a hell of a lot more "honest" than conservatives are.

• 10 years ago

When you sideswipe your opponent with a straw-man argument; there is nothing honest in your own deed and action. Remember, be that what you require of others.

• 10 years ago

Oh you mean the GOP were not the ones on live tv every month

• 10 years ago

I haven't seen any "liberal debates". Turn your attention to Republican candidates lying about each other's platforms for a moment. .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.