Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Ashley asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 10 years ago

Cheerleading help please!?

Ok I really want to be a cheerleader but I really want to loose weight! Ok I always feel like I have to eat and lately I have become addicted to ranch!! Please help me with tips on what I can do to loose weight and also tips to becoming a great cheerleader. Also a good workout plan:)

Favorite Answer

Don't stress about loosing weight, I'm sure you are not over weight. However, the best step to being healthy and maintaining a healthy weight is to exercise more, eat less and avoid junk food and candy. Ranch is very high in fat, ask your parents to stop buying it and it won't be as tempting. If you have time before tryouts, you can look into taking cheer or tumbling lessons at a dance studio or gymnastics gym. Increased exercise from taking these classes would help with your weight. Here are some tryout tips. Practice your splits (right, left, middle), and the routine a lot. Also, keep smiling! It's easier to tell when someone messes up if they have a "mistake face" than if they keep smiling. At tryouts, dress in school colors, wear your hair up in a bow and keep your number visible. I hope this helps and good luck at tryouts :)

Source(s): I'm a dancer and former competitive cheerleader

Hate to mention but when your dad may not aid you, I wish that your mother will. I am a core tuition cheerleading train and cheerleading isn't low cost. Of path core schoolers should not have jobs to pay for camp, uniforms, and so on. and despite the fact that you might get a role, you wouldn't have time to paintings and pass to after tuition practices, conferences, and video games.... and recollect assignments. You will want any individual to aid you pay the fees. Is your cheerleading squad conventional or recreation? A conventional squad is the squad that does the pep rally, cheers at video games from the sidelines, and might do a part time efficiency. A recreation squad is a squad that travels across the country competing. Most of the game squads are co-ed, particularly informed, tremendously elaborate stunts, killer flips, you get the factor. Its just like the Bring it On Squads. If your tuition has a conventional squad, all you need to do is have a few sort of rhythm and get a former cheerleader or person who has already made the squad to instruct you. You might pass to a UCA camp. They will instruct you the fundamentals of cheerleading. I consider this would be the first-rate alternative. If your squad is a recreation squad, your probabilities of creating the squad are very narrow except you've gotten had years of gymnastics. Whatever occurs, I want you the first-rate of good fortune. Keep attempting and paintings tough. Remember Cheerleading is tough paintings, if it was once any less difficult, it could be referred to as Football!

It doesn't really matter what size you are as long as you have the flexibility and the hard work to be a cheerleader. Doing stretches and working on arm strength is going to help you too.

Source(s): I've been cheering since age three. ( I'm sixteen now.)

You don't need to loose weight to be a cheerleader. It just happens once you start because THATS what works you out. especially stunting!