Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 10 years ago

Learning 4 langauges at once to fluency?

I'm currently at an intermediate level in french and spanish, and I want to learn persian/farsi on my own. In a couple of months I am going to add Arabic. Is it possible for me to learn all at once to fluency?

Favorite Answer

Hello.

I am Lebanese, Lebanon is a multilingual country.

I know Arabic (mother language) , French ( because of the French mandate of 1925-1943 ) , English and Italian. I am doing this right now.

5 hours of Arabic, 6 of French, 3 of English and 3 of Italian.

You can do it to fluency.

Hope I helped you.

I'm pretty good at these languages so you can feel free to mail me when you have a question.

The Lonely One.

• milson

In my enjoy, folks who attempt to be taught multiple language at a time turn out to be usually blending them up, mainly if the languages have plenty of similarities to start with (e.g. English and German, Spanish and Italian). A buddy, who already speaks four languages, is studying English and German at the same time, and traditionally mixes the phrases which are identical, pronouncing matters like "We're sprechin' over Autos."

I am yet to meet someone who'd be able to do this, yet nothing is impossible when it comes to a human mind. Maybe you are a language genius, who knows?

My experience tells me that learning even two unrelated languages at once creates an awful mess and as a result mastering even one of them becomes quite impossible.

that really depends one you. i read,speak and write 3 languages and can read Arabic if the proper punctuations are present

yes