Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 10 years ago

Learning 4 langauges at once to fluency?

I'm currently at an intermediate level in french and spanish, and I want to learn persian/farsi on my own. In a couple of months I am going to add Arabic. Is it possible for me to learn all at once to fluency?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hello.

I am Lebanese, Lebanon is a multilingual country.

I know Arabic (mother language) , French ( because of the French mandate of 1925-1943 ) , English and Italian. I am doing this right now.

5 hours of Arabic, 6 of French, 3 of English and 3 of Italian.

You can do it to fluency.

Hope I helped you.

I'm pretty good at these languages so you can feel free to mail me when you have a question.

The Lonely One.

• milson
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

In my enjoy, folks who attempt to be taught multiple language at a time turn out to be usually blending them up, mainly if the languages have plenty of similarities to start with (e.g. English and German, Spanish and Italian). A buddy, who already speaks four languages, is studying English and German at the same time, and traditionally mixes the phrases which are identical, pronouncing matters like "We're sprechin' over Autos."

• 10 years ago

I am yet to meet someone who'd be able to do this, yet nothing is impossible when it comes to a human mind. Maybe you are a language genius, who knows?

My experience tells me that learning even two unrelated languages at once creates an awful mess and as a result mastering even one of them becomes quite impossible.

• 10 years ago

that really depends one you. i read,speak and write 3 languages and can read Arabic if the proper punctuations are present

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

yes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.