Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How do I set up my home theater?

Ok so i have an HDTV with all the regular ports like HDMI and rca, and a ps3, what kind of home theater system would work with this setup? How could i set it up with an rca 5.1 speaker system?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You best bet would be to buy a home theater receiver, such as a Pioneer VSX-521K, which runs about $200 from Amaz*n.com, and run the speakers from it. You would then plug digital sources to the Pioneer using HDMI cables, and run one HDMI cable from the receiver's output to the TV.

If the RCA (ugh) speakers are from an older home theater in a box cheap system, junk them and spend $215 for a set of Polk 6750 speakers, which will sound MUCH better when run by a good receiver such as the 521K.

• BANG P
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Connect HDMI from PS3 to TV for video then optical cable from PS3 to Home Theater System for audio.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.