me asked in HealthOther - Health · 10 years ago

is it not a good idea to tell my doctor?

i was prescribed alprazolam for anxiety as needed. i don't often take it, it isn't for everyday use for me just when a situation comes up that i need it. but i have noticed that the rx doesn't work very well. i thought maybe it was just too low of a dose. i was at work one day when a panic attack started. this day i did not have my rx with me, so my boss who has a rx for brand name xanax gave me one of hers. wow did i notice a difference it worked in 5 to 10 minutes and i didn't get the extreme fatigue that i get with the generic. so i want to get my rx switched to the brand name. so my question is... is it a bad idea to tell my dr that i took a pill that wasn't prescribed to me?

Favorite Answer

Definitely do not share meds. Your boss was wrong to give you that, especially as the boss is in a position of authority over you. If the xanax caused you problems, your boss could be in big trouble.

Tell your doctor everything that happened. It provides an opportunity for you two to reconsider what you are taking, to consider switching, to change the dosage, or a number of alternatives.

It is always a good idea to be upfront with your doctor. Totally upfront.

• ?

I dont normally give advice to someone to not tell the truth, but , in this case I do. If you tell your Dr. you took another person's medicine he/ she may not ever trust you again. You could get cut off your medicine completely. The DEA is really cracking down on Dr's who give out controlled substances.

Even if you have a real reason for needing them , your Dr. could legally cut you off.

Just tell him your medicine isnt helping you at all. Let him take it from there.

I would say that it is never a good idea to take someone else's medicine. Xanax is one of those that is really addictive. It sneaks up on you and before you know it your addicted. If you think anxiety is bad, read up on being addicted to Xanax.

Tell him your medicine makes you very tired.

Be careful. Honesty isnt always the best policy.

• milson

Ethel Kennedy (JFK's mother) had no less than eight c-sections again within the time that the incision used to be vertical (up and down). For anyone that needs extra youngsters and the medical professional says no considering that of this, I could get a moment opinion, by means of a health care provider that practices at an extra facility. Sometimes scar tissue builds up, however so long as the incision web site is cozy, such a lot can cross directly to have greater than three C-sections.

you have to tell. xanax is dangerously addictive. in case you didn't know. that could have caused side effects. shame on you. next time just breathe through it. don't share meds. and def. tell your doc. if your meds aren't working they can be adjusted so they do.