Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 10 years ago

Can Alopecia be cured? ?

Can Alopecia be cure? If, so how? I'm 15 male and my eyebrow hair is falling out for 2 months now. What can I do to prevent the worst.

Favorite Answer

I don't know if it can be cured, had a brother in law with bare spots on his go-Tee,,, so he trimmed it down to be less noticeable, While he could shave it off entirely, I understand at your age, it's so different, all I can offer is what they call "Man-scaping" Men go to places to have their brows plucked or thinned out ( uni-brows). Your 15, can't your parent(s) take you to a dermatologist ? Speak with your school nurse, Women use a hair matched eye brow pencil, but for a guy, if it isn't much, just try filling in the spaces if you thin your brow down...Got a sister to help ? Or Mom ? Hope it works out.

Initial stages may be kept from increasing by applying topical corticosteroids. However, topical corticosteroids frequently fail to enter the skin deeply enough to affect the hair bulbs, which are the treatment target and small lesions typically also regrow spontaneously.

Evidence suggests that genes may increase risk therefore an hereditary factor. In addition, it is slightly more likely to occur in people who have relatives with autoimmune diseases.

There is no known cure but there is considerable spontaneous recovery as well.

No