Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 10 years ago

How to improve English Pronunciation?

English is my only language, although whenever I see a new word I seem to sometimes pronounce it wrong. Should I just look up how to pronounce words on the internet when I don't know or learn the rules of pronunciation better, in which I never paid attention to. Any advice/links will help!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • pete
    Lv 6
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You should learn the rules of pronunciation.

An excellent link is m-w.com. This is an online dictionary that has audio pronunciation.

• 10 years ago

Reading will help. When you read a lot you become better and better at the language. You'll see the patterns (although a lot of words you'd have to hear to know how to pronounce it). Definitely look up pronunciations on the internet. It's really quick and easy. Online dictionaries have the buttons you can push to hear it pronounced.

• 10 years ago

No one knows how to pronounce an English word unless he or she has heard the word spoken. We all just take a guess based on what we know of pronunciation patterns, stress, context, etc. Sometimes we get it right, sometimes not. Seriously, even educated speakers cannot know every word. Do not worry about it.

• 5 years ago

you'll be able to desire to reveal screen somewhat some television in english.... i'm not italian yet i used to reveal screen italian television from while i substitute right into a youthful youngster, and now i comprehend italian relatively properly, and that i in no way learnt it at school! io non sono italiana pero guardavo il television in italiano fin da bambina, e adesso lo so molto bene, anche se non lo mai imparato a scuola! questo e il risultato! scusa se non ho scritto italiano perfetto, ma come ti ho detto, non l'ho imparato a scuola e non ho concept su come scrivere bene i verbi and so on.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

假设:ISBN978-1-936040-25-4/Academic Press Corporation/search xienianmu/能給你带来帮助的話,

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.