Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 10 years ago

How to improve English Pronunciation?

English is my only language, although whenever I see a new word I seem to sometimes pronounce it wrong. Should I just look up how to pronounce words on the internet when I don't know or learn the rules of pronunciation better, in which I never paid attention to. Any advice/links will help!

• pete
    Favorite Answer

You should learn the rules of pronunciation.

An excellent link is m-w.com. This is an online dictionary that has audio pronunciation.

Reading will help. When you read a lot you become better and better at the language. You'll see the patterns (although a lot of words you'd have to hear to know how to pronounce it). Definitely look up pronunciations on the internet. It's really quick and easy. Online dictionaries have the buttons you can push to hear it pronounced.

No one knows how to pronounce an English word unless he or she has heard the word spoken. We all just take a guess based on what we know of pronunciation patterns, stress, context, etc. Sometimes we get it right, sometimes not. Seriously, even educated speakers cannot know every word. Do not worry about it.

you'll be able to desire to reveal screen somewhat some television in english.... i'm not italian yet i used to reveal screen italian television from while i substitute right into a youthful youngster, and now i comprehend italian relatively properly, and that i in no way learnt it at school! io non sono italiana pero guardavo il television in italiano fin da bambina, e adesso lo so molto bene, anche se non lo mai imparato a scuola! questo e il risultato! scusa se non ho scritto italiano perfetto, ma come ti ho detto, non l'ho imparato a scuola e non ho concept su come scrivere bene i verbi and so on.

假设:ISBN978-1-936040-25-4/Academic Press Corporation/search xienianmu/能給你带来帮助的話,