Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 10 years ago

Help! Henna hair dye is too dark! is it too late to turn back or can I lighten it??!?!?

I used Rainbow brand henna hair dye, dark brown sable, and my hair is black >:[ Is there any way to lighten henna without using my hair dresser or hair bleach?? thanks. :[[[

• ?
    Favorite Answer

That shade contains henna and indigo, both of which are permanent. This is why you should mix plant dyes from scratch, since henna and indigo have differnt dye release times. You cant just dump the powders together without results like this. The indigo might fade somewhat over time, leaving you with more brown, but it's not guaranteed. Henna doesn't usually fade at all.

Dark brown hair dye, I sadly had to personally experience too, resembles black when left on hair for more than the required amount of time upon application. Henna dyes, fortunately wash out in a couple of weeks. But if you can't wait, you can go with highlights (gold or something much lighter than dark brown, but be sure to choose a color that complements the base color). You have to, however, let your hair "rest" for at least a week (my hair stylist advises that I wait a month before changing colors). The things you'll need can easily and cheaply be bought from the local pharmacy or beauty specialty shops.

Source(s): Personal experience and advise from hair stylists

Henna should wash out on its own in a few days. I colored my hair with it once and hated it, and just took two showers a day and it was mostly gone by the end of the week. If you go a darker color than your hair, the general rule is that it is more permanent, but I'm not sure if the rule holds true for henna-based dyes.

Dark brown Henna will make your hair pretty dark. I go no darker then half light brown and half medium brown. Even this makes my hair pretty dark. If your hair is that dark and you use Lemon, it will most likely turn orange. I would suggest using a shampoo and cond. if you have just colored it. It takes a few days for henna to oxidize and for its true color to show. I would wait a couple days and see what the color ends up being. My hair starts off really red/orange. When the true color sets in it tones way down. If you use a lighter color of henna, it will not make your hair lighter.

Source(s): Me..started using henna about 4 years ago

Are you looking for a home remedy? I know lemon juice will lighten hair color but I'm not sure about stripping dye.

Blond would really suite you in our opinion. It looks really pretty and also it has a style that's actually noticeable. You'd look good with this.

I love blondes! But my favorite hair color is black