Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsDrawing & Illustration · 10 years ago

How to draw manga for someone who is horrible at it?

I've anted to draw manga ever since I've started liking it, but every time I try I always end up messing up. I don't want to make my own characters, but I want to do fan art.

Favorite Answer

Everybody's horrible at first. Just like any type of art, it takes time and practice. You should try referencing actual manga, how the artist creates perspective or how they create certain views, and how they shade to make a flat drawing look 3 dimensional. Also, it always helps if you have knowledge of anatomy, as most manga involves people. Obviously, most manga drawings aren't the Vitruvian Man, and people generally over-exaggerate certain features, but generally it's best to have basic knowledge of what the human body looks like. I'd also recommend reading manga to judge how the artist creates expression and movement. But again, the most important thing is practice, practice, and more practice.

Just remember to not get yourself down over messing up, because everybody fudges it sometimes.

Source(s): A lot of experience, a lot of friends who draw manga, and 6 years of constructive criticism from my buds.

Practice!! When you first start drawing manga it doesn't come out like a mangaka's artwork, you have to practice to reach their standard, but you shouldn't copy their artwork, instead you should study it and you might notice something about their artwork that's different from others' and you should take pointers from that. And it's perfectly fine to do fan art, but if you want to make a mangaka, then you should probably, as you get older and decide you want to become a mangaka, you should probably begin to think of original characters. So really and truly, you just need to practice and don't give up no matter what!! >w<)b

I hope I helped!! (\(*w*)/)

Source(s): Intellect

Practice i was horrible I spent years practicing you should start with your weakest point for most people its hands then eyes and perspective. Try adding little details like wings or frills it can simtimes will make it better also look at the previous drawing and try to make it better. And last have confidence even if you feel like your the worst drawer ever just post it where people can see for example I put mine in the cover of my binder

Source(s): 4 years experience